half shaft play

subframe281

Established Member
Hi all.... I just installed Full tilt's complete bushing kit in my 04 cobra.....can't say enough about the kit , made a huge difference in the the way the car handles....my question is the half shafts seem to have alot of play at the diff. I don't know if this is normal with this car....The car has about 14,000 miles on it . I'm the original owner...it has seen some drag strip time but is not beaten...there just seem to be alot of slop in the whole drive train.....kind of annoying!!! Anyone know what the problem may be or a fix.....Thanks:shrug:

wjurls

More money than brains
Established Member
It's normal. I have a brand new trac-loc unit, new gears, and new carrier and pinion bearings in mine with the backlash set towards the minimum spec and it still had a buttload of slop. Don't sweat it man.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Hi all.... I just installed Full tilt's complete bushing kit in my 04 cobra.....can't say enough about the kit , made a huge difference in the the way the car handles....my question is the half shafts seem to have alot of play at the diff. I don't know if this is normal with this car....The car has about 14,000 miles on it . I'm the original owner...it has seen some drag strip time but is not beaten...there just seem to be alot of slop in the whole drive train.....kind of annoying!!! Anyone know what the problem may be or a fix.....Thanks:shrug:

Richard:

Glad to hear you like the kit! :-D

I think what you are describing is play in the differential and not in the halfshafts. The halfshafts do typically have just a tiny bit of play in them but not a lot. The differential typically has a lot of play in it, along with the trans. Between the trans and the differential there is quite a bit of accumulated play.

FWIW

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

Users who are viewing this thread