halo wars = Starcraft

eclipsemustang

Established Member
I played the demo for halo wars at a friends house last night and it is pretty much Starcraft with halo characters. I was hoping for it to be like the last ones.

Last edited:

NoSlowGT

Make me a sandwhich bitch
Established Member
Premium Member
Reminds me of Command and Conquer. Never played Starcraft. I actually like it though, kind of a change of pace. I will probably buy it.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
its a RTS (real time strategy), not a FPS, thus the different titling. If it was another FPS, it would just be "Halo 4".

Looks pretty good IMO, wish it was coming to PC so it could look and play even better.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
eh, i wouldnt call it a ripoff, its a RTS. Theres not much variance when it comes to those types of games.

Then again, same goes for FPS's, that would be like saying Halo is a ripoff of Doom since its all just firing guns from first-person point of view.

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
I think its too basic. I don't like the way they limit where you can build your base. The Flood should've been a playable race so there would be more variety.

Starcraft > *

SnakeStang96

SVT Crazy
Established Member
Its a ripoff of existing games, very disappointed.

+1

Command and Conquer style which I used to play and enjoy. Ensemble Studios and Bungie worked together to try to make a variant and they made it work but I was expecting more I guess. Im a big Halo fan and I was also very dissapointed.

Last edited:

BLOWN PONY

Established Member
Hell yeah!

I was addicted to SC as a kid, I might have to buy this Halo...

Jefe

Established Member
Its a ripoff of existing games, very disappointed.
Yep. Played for 5 minutes then deleted the demo. No plans to buy it. Bad move on their part if they dont come out with Halo 4

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Been playing it online for about a week with my buddy, it's a lot of fun once you get into it.

It is simplified compared to C&C, Starcraft, etc. type games, but it makes it easier to do everything with just the controller. I've been having a blast with it.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
I wouldn't imagine that I would like it but I couldn't really say unless I played it.

ThrottleJunkie

God Bless Silicone
Established Member
I'm not gonna say that I'm disappointed about not being able to build where ever I want, but I do miss it.

That said, it makes it more fair to a point and there are multiple places to build a second base if you wanted to go that route.

The controls are very simple; dare I say even easier than PC? I mean there are 3 ways to move around the map, 4 ways to select units, a designated button for special abilities, what else could you want?

I won't say it's worse than older RTS's on PC, it's just different. Once you get used to that it's really a good game.

Users who are viewing this thread