handling problems on uneven roads after lowering

rsilver

Established Member
Hi guys, I recently lowered my vert using stock coupe springs cut 1/2 inch front and rear and added coupe shocks. I also added the new MM subframe connectors and already have the mm diff pinion angle kit.

On interstate smooth roads, it responds very well and is stable and consistent. However on groved roads and uneven dippy roads, its just plain scary. It pulls you all over the road side to side (kinda like an old vette if you ever drove one) and it really hunts the grooves. Your are all over the place. I had it aligned to stock specs when I lowered the car and they said they had adequate adjustment. I am running 17 inch Enkie rf-p1 wheels 9" front and 10" rear with 275/45 bfg kdw's all around inflated to 44psi. The tires are in good shape. That said, what do you all think is causing this? alignment?, tire inflation? or is it something else? Its getting embarrasing, I gotta slow down so much on these type of roads that I am having to get used to ricer fly bys way too much....... Thanks very much.....bob in denver

mach1033

Established Member
you might need a front bumpsteer kit from lowering it. Steeda and Max Motorsports sell them.

greengt88

Established Member
why are your tires inflated to 44psi? Most i would ever do is 35psi. i agree with the bumpsteer front/rear though. and let some air out of those tires PLEASE!!

rsilver

Established Member
full tilt, you guys have some sick stuff. will definitly check out the front and rear bump steer kits. Also really liked the solid mount diff bushings.

Green, good point on the tire pressure. I run em high to reduce sidwall flex on turns, but thats the easiest mod, just let some air out and check it out. Honestly though, I had the problem at lower pressures. My understanding of correct tire pressure is if it goes up more than 10% from cold to hot, then you are under inflated. If it goes up by less than 10% then you are over inflated. ie under inflated causes heat and increases pressure and over inflation does the opposit. I am no expert, Is that correct?. the other issue out here in colorado is radical altitude changes. Anyway, gonna reduce pressure tomorrow and see. Would like to reduce the ricer fly bys and try and get sticky and consistent........ thanks everyone....bob

Users who are viewing this thread