Happiness == Maximum Motorsports Coilovers

sleepless

Established Member
Now that the heat issues are under control I've been able to drive the Cobra much harder and found that the Steeda springs and stock dampers were a bit lacking in body motion control. So, the Cobra now has Maximum Motorsports coilovers (revalved Bilsteins and 400#/650# springs) and their camber/caster plates.

Ooooh, my! What a nice setup! I got a chance to test it out yesterday at Pacific Raceways and all I can say is the car's handling is awesome! We also got -3.6 degrees of front negative camber so the front really grips in the corners and the tire wear is nice and even!

I picked spring rates that would make the car a nice daily driver too, and on that front this setup also delivers very nicely.

Great suspension setup! And, the folks at MM were very helpful as always :banana:

1132538094_6b5fca0d83_o.jpg

1132544540_9881019b21_o.jpg

Added the strut brace too since more force is now applied to the strut towers.

1076939772_f98d1db121_o.jpg

wheelhopper

Established Member
I agree. One of the best things I have done for my car for the track and street was my MM coilover setup. I have 375 front and 575 rear. That was the most that was recommended for my stock grooved Bilstiens.

racebronco2

Established Member
The coil-overs really help alot. I have 400/700's and the ride seems to be good most of the time except for bumpy roads.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
racebronco2 said:
The coil-overs really help alot. I have 400/700's and the ride seems to be good most of the time except for bumpy roads.

Carlos:

Why do you have such a stiff rear spring?

LargeOrangeFont

Raise your fist in resist
Established Member
What were the valving specifics that you gave to Bilstein? Or did you just tell them what you were doing and they took care of it? I am killing my front struts with 375 # front springs.

Also where did you get the locknuts for the top of the front struts?

Last edited:

99 KOBRA

Speed Racer
Established Member
I have 450/575 with Bilstein Sports. Do you really think a strut tower brace is worth it? If so, do you have any clearance issues (is that a FIPK?)? How are your tires wearing with that much front neg. camber? How much neg. camber in the rear? Caster?

sleepless

Established Member
LargeOrangeFont said:
What were the valving specifics that you gave to Bilstein? Or did you just tell them what you were doing and they took care of it? I am killing my front struts with 375 # front springs.

Also where did you get the locknuts for the top of the front struts?

Maximum Motorsports spec'd and supplied everything. I just told them how I drive the car.

sleepless

Established Member
99 KOBRA said:
I have 450/575 with Bilstein Sports. Do you really think a strut tower brace is worth it? If so, do you have any clearance issues (is that a FIPK?)? How are your tires wearing with that much front neg. camber? How much neg. camber in the rear? Caster?

I can't tell you if the brace does anything for certain. I do know that with the coilovers you put more stress on the towers. Given how much it costs to do all the other upgrades I've done to the car, the cost of the strut brace is nothing in comparison so it was a no-brainer for me.

No clearance issues (it's a Steeda CAI; the intake tube is stock).

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Raise your fist in resist
Established Member
sleepless said:
Maximum Motorsports spec'd and supplied everything. I just told them how I drive the car.

Oh so you bought the MM branded and speced revalved Bilsteins.

I am going to have Bilstein revalve my struts as opposed to buying new ones.

sleepless

Established Member
I'm sure if you tell Bilstein the spring rates you want to run, they will know exactly how to valve them for your car.

oxfordman03

In Denial
Established Member
I have the MM c/o with race 3's, 750 front, 450 rears. Very nice track set up, but i'm getting ping from the top of coil in front. Any cure ? People are telling me all c/o's ping a little. Learn to live with it. True?

99 KOBRA

Speed Racer
Established Member
oxfordman03 said:
I have the MM c/o with race 3's, 750 front, 450 rears. Very nice track set up, but i'm getting ping from the top of coil in front. Any cure ? People are telling me all c/o's ping a little. Learn to live with it. True?

M/M coilovers shouldn't ping. Mine never have. 750 front on a coil over?

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
400/600 with bent ass MM Race 2 struts... I cant say how I like them as the DOHC isnt in the car yet. There's always next year...:(

Users who are viewing this thread