Happy 27th!!!!’yoi don’t look a day older than 21

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
Interesting that a 2022 model is the same old story
Oh its worse. I cringe every time I see someone spend 100k+ on one of the GT500s. The quality of materials has improved slightly, but the workmanship has gone to absolute shit. I'm glad I didn't spend half that much on my peasant's 5.0. (Not that I could afford a new GT500 anyways)

For the record- any new cars I buy in the future will be Japanese made. No questions about it. American auto manufacturers can lick my sack.

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
I hear you on that here my car is making about 50hp less than a hellcat challenger that’s 20 years younger and 1500lbs heavier lol I’m not impressed at new technology one bit

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
I gapped a hellcat that tried a ricer flyby with my Mach 1 years ago. Had my 200lb buddy riding shotgun too. Hellcat dude was LIVID. Maybe because his wife was in the car with him? Lol. I dunno...

I_like_turtlez

Established Member
Oh its worse. I cringe every time I see someone spend 100k+ on one of the GT500s. The quality of materials has improved slightly, but the workmanship has gone to absolute shit. I'm glad I didn't spend half that much on my peasant's 5.0. (Not that I could afford a new GT500 anyways)

For the record- any new cars I buy in the future will be Japanese made. No questions about it. American auto manufacturers can lick my sack.
As a professional repair tech I can confirm American made cars have been junk since 2007, every year since emission controls have gotten tighter, engine efficiency goes down, these GDI designs look like a fire chimney on the inside after 20,000 miles

I saw the s650 has a "carbon trap", secondary filter in the intake meant to stop gasses from leaving the engine when it's off.. they make less power than the s550 did.. OOPS

Craftsmanship has gone to sh*t in every industry, the only options left are Toyota/Lexus and for any vehicle, make sure you buy OEM parts(that are probably 3 months back-ordered)

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
I’m fathomed when I open up my car and sit down and think no way is this almost 30 years old!!!! I think these sn95/newedge were way ahead of their time I was just in the garage and admiring the sleek lines and thinking what happened those are gone now everything is cookie cutter since 2015

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
I mean seriously first a 6 speed auto now a 10 speed auto what’s next 14 speed auto???? The days of banging gears are coming to an end and

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

I_like_turtlez

Established Member
Venom you uhh.. been drinking buddy? :D

But yeah I do stare down the side body lines randomly, especially when walking away from the car.. I used to think the New Edge was the Mustang body to have but the 96-98 is possibly cooler, the way the "brake vents" are molded into the body is unique

I also love the subtle peak in the hood to clear the intake, the hood scoops look cool when you're driving it

Side note: Changed the oil today because I ran a can of Seafoam through it for a mere 300 miles, the new oil came out very dark so it definitely removed a lot of carbon..

Afterward took the slowbra for a test drive, for science, ended up taking one of those turbo Subaru's to Gapplebee's

Users who are viewing this thread