Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
Image1712426355.725478.jpg

Happy 27th birthday my love

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
What day? My Mach 1 turns 20 on the 15th.

Crazy to even think that I remember 20 years ago I was a senior in high school going to get my dads 04 azure blue Mach from the show room floor at our local dealer January 2004 now I’m starting to get grey hair 37 years old lol

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
Crazy to even think that I remember 20 years ago I was a senior in high school going to get my dads 04 azure blue Mach from the show room floor at our local dealer January 2004 now I’m starting to get grey hair 37 years old lol

I was 16, a junior in HS when my dad went to the Ford dealer to look at a 10th anniversary Cobra. Never bought it…made me want a Cobra ever since.

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
I think you’re the only person I know with a a cobra tattoo on their forearm. That’s what’s up.

Man I still remember the day I got that tattoo it was 3 days after I got my cobra dropped off to me in front of the house on one of those crazy huge car carriers back in sept 2005

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member

37 as well. Remember seeing an oxford white Mach 1 on the showroom floor. Never thought I'd have one. Way too far out of reach it seemed like at the time. Graduated high school in 04 and had one 3 years later. Crazy how things turn out.

I_like_turtlez

Established Member
37 as well. Remember seeing an oxford white Mach 1 on the showroom floor. Never thought I'd have one. Way too far out of reach it seemed like at the time. Graduated high school in 04 and had one 3 years later. Crazy how things turn out.
2006 senior year here

I had several friends that were able to buy the cars they wanted around that age, never had anyone to co-sign for me..

There were two 96-98 Cobras in my high school(!!) red & yellow; to them they were just cars and they sold them etc shortly after

Fastest car in school was a cam'd LS T56 WS6 (Of course)

Every couple of years of my life something always came up, health, family, kids, housing etc and was never able to make a car payment on an old car like these

FINALLY in 2023 despite insane interest rates and the used market inflation, I pulled the trigger on my 98 rattlebox, not a spot of rust on the car anywhere w/ low mileage

Paid at least $5K more than I should have but with the average new car note being $45,000 I didn't feel that bad about it.. wasn't long ago that was new Corvette money..

I was walking out of school on the first day and heard that yellow 97 Cobra start up with it's flowmaster 40's and that was it for me.. best sounding small block V8 ever made

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I think you’re the only person I know with a a cobra tattoo on their forearm. That’s what’s up.

The only way to complete that tattoo is to be able to wrap that tattoo'd arm and hand around a Fckn Fast shift knob.

Get er done!!!

railroad

Established Member
25 YEARS
Bought new, using X plan, I think it was $25K.
Put the KB on it somewhere around 2001.
Alum flywheel, driveshaft, 3.73 gears, Tri Ax shifter.
It made 445 whp on a heart breaker dyno.
I ran the KB tune and got talked into trying a Lund tune. No improvement. Both ran good.
Projected HP was to be 465 whp.
KB tuner said cam timing was all over the place on these engines and dynos vary even more.
No complaints, well built kit.
This is my most fun car to drive. It beat the Cobra roadster out due to comfort.
Pics are from a local car show.
I won best paint and best car award.
I hand clayed, polished and waxed, all by hand, no machine. These cars had about a #6 out of 10 on paint from the factory. It is a small car, but my hands were sore for a couple of days, after.

Attachments

• 20131012_113416.jpg
    20131012_113416.jpg
    500.7 KB · Views: 28
  • 20131012_113426.jpg
    20131012_113426.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 27
  • 20131012_113434.jpg
    20131012_113434.jpg
    607.5 KB · Views: 29

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
2006 senior year here

I had several friends that were able to buy the cars they wanted around that age, never had anyone to co-sign for me..

There were two 96-98 Cobras in my high school(!!) red & yellow; to them they were just cars and they sold them etc shortly after

Fastest car in school was a cam'd LS T56 WS6 (Of course)

Every couple of years of my life something always came up, health, family, kids, housing etc and was never able to make a car payment on an old car like these

FINALLY in 2023 despite insane interest rates and the used market inflation, I pulled the trigger on my 98 rattlebox, not a spot of rust on the car anywhere w/ low mileage

Paid at least $5K more than I should have but with the average new car note being $45,000 I didn't feel that bad about it.. wasn't long ago that was new Corvette money..

I was walking out of school on the first day and heard that yellow 97 Cobra start up with it's flowmaster 40's and that was it for me.. best sounding small block V8 ever made
Don't worry about those rattles. People don't want to talk about it, but even these new ones rattle like hell. My 22 has A LOT more rattles than my 04 Mach. Infact, my Mach has almost none. I think people were generally happier in the early 00's and on the assembly line it has shown!

I_like_turtlez

Established Member
Don't worry about those rattles. People don't want to talk about it, but even these new ones rattle like hell. My 22 has A LOT more rattles than my 04 Mach. Infact, my Mach has almost none. I think people were generally happier in the early 00's and on the assembly line it has shown!

Even the Chinese were happier…they’re products have really taken a dump over the last few years.
Haha I don't know if this is the place to talk about it but yes society is miserable thanks to the internet

Interesting that a 2022 model is the same old story, I considered buying a 5.0 but everyone and their grandmother has one; Cobra it was

I had a 21 year old with a 2014 5.0 tell me he'd put a "bus-length at least" on my 98..

I don't know what shocked me most: him having no idea about 4.6 4V's or that he thought his 3800lbs was a light car(that apparently rattles even more)

I guess gen-z thinks all "old" cars are slow now but he learned otherwise when I never left his bumper that day :D

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
Haha I don't know if this is the place to talk about it but yes society is miserable thanks to the internet

Interesting that a 2022 model is the same old story, I considered buying a 5.0 but everyone and their grandmother has one; Cobra it was

I had a 21 year old with a 2014 5.0 tell me he'd put a "bus-length at least" on my 98..

I don't know what shocked me most: him having no idea about 4.6 4V's or that he thought his 3800lbs was a light car(that apparently rattles even more)

I guess gen-z thinks all "old" cars are slow now but he learned otherwise when I never left his bumper that day :D

I hear you on that here my car is making about 50hp less than a hellcat challenger that’s 20 years younger and 1500lbs heavier lol I’m not impressed at new technology one bit

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
I met a junior in high school at the last cruise I was at…he daily drove a 1966 Mustang with a 289 in it. I was proud of him. Don’t see many of them. Most are taking gender altering meds and eating fake meat.

Users who are viewing this thread