• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Harley F150 DD

Discussion in 'Harley-Davidson™ F-150' started by thirtytwovalve, May 28, 2017.

1. thirtytwovalve

thirtytwovalve Steam Rollin 335's Established Member

So, I'm looking to get out of my 2012 F250 Lariat Powerstroke and want an older crew cab truck I can pay off fairly quickly. I'm considering a harley F150, I've always liked them. I haven't driven one yet, and was wondering if those of you that bought one to DD, would you do it again? Im assuming they run on 91+ like my terminator did. What kind of MPG are you all seeing. Not that I'm really worried about it with a supercharged F150 but just curious

2. PaxtonShelby

PaxtonShelby FRULE10 Established Member

What years are you considering?

3. thirtytwovalve

Im not real partial to years, nor do I know much about them. I'm not looking for the newer ones, I'm looking at the S/C'd ones from around 2003, preferably one in DSG.

4. PaxtonShelby

PaxtonShelby FRULE10 Established Member

image.png I thought the HD's were only available in certain colors each year - like CO for a year or two ( definitely not my favorite on a truck ) - then black - then DSG and maybe a few others. DSG would be my choice too. I'm not sure what years were available with the SC. HD's are nice trucks but they seem to carry a hefty price premium. Last month I got a super clean loaded 2004 CC FX4 for much cheaper than a HD would have cost.

5. thirtytwovalve

Yeah, I agree there. I feel like they'd hold their value better than a regular F150 would. I would really like a lightning but can't justify a regular cab truck with the family.

6. Ladmarines

Ladmarines New Member

I have a 02 HD. In the city around 9 to 11 mpg. And highway is 13. 15 ish. But I have the hp bug and have some mods done.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

7. BlownPony306

BlownPony306 Member Established Member

My 2003 gets over 16 on the highway. Is a bit less in town, mostly because I like to hear the whine. lol

8. SID297

SID297 OWNER/ADMIN Staff Member Administrator

They were also offered with a Saleen blower on some of the 3V models, but the trans in that truck sucks.

9. Steve@TF

[email protected] Authorized Vendor Authorized Vendor

i have an 02 that i will be selling. has 79k on the clock. CA truck. 3rd owner. puts down 450rwhp. runs like a champ! its black though.... DSG can be tough to find, especially for cheap.

i used it as a partial DD for a few years. no real issues. decent mpg for what it is. a fast truck! fast and comfortable.