Has anyone had real success with P90x?

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
Ok well my x wife left it at my house, and I decided to give it a try. I did the full 1 hr of pyometrics, and although they claim this is the hardest dvd in the set, I found myself challenged, but nothing I could not do. I am working out at a buddies 3 days a week, 3 days a week P90x, and 3 days running on a treadmill. My diet is cutting form.

2 egg whites, vegan sausage, just to cut down on the fat, and sodium. 2 cups off coffee.

Snack 1: peanut butter, two table spoons, and some unsalted almounds and a water

Lunch: a tuna sandwhich on 100 cal wheat bread, and a apple.

Snack 2: same as snack 1

Pre work out, a protein shack

Post work out Protein shack, and a scoop of creatine with water.

Dinner, brown rice, and chicken, with 1 cup of raw veggies.

Snack 3: fruit, and a water.

I know this is not the P90x plan, but I have already lost 10 lbs. I need to lose 30 lbs total. then I will start bulking up. I still have all of my strength. I just let alcohol add the weight. What do you guys think?

03cobrah

Established Member
never tried it i'm the conventional guy that just likes to lift weights and run on occasion, but i have a few friends that have seen some good results from it. i believe like any plan just sticking to it with the right diet of course will produce results. i think the hardest part for a lot of people is just sticking to it.

allister

Established Member
Your diet looks good, just make sure you're eating enough. I got through the first 60 days before and definitely saw results.

I highly suggest printing off the workout worksheets and tracking your reps, weights, pull ups, etc. It's a lot easier to stay motivated if you write it all down and set goals. Good luck!

AluminatorSnake

Established Member
It works. I lost 10lbs in the first 2 weeks. Did 45 days total and lost almost 20lbs, before I had to buckle down on school. But if you are serious about it, find the calculator for p90x that tells you what phase/stage diet you need to do based on body type and daily activities. While I was doing it, I was eating around 4000 calories for the first month and still lost that weight. That was a large increase in calories from what i was eating, but I needed them to be able to function. At the time I was very active, walking 18-27 holes a day for golf practice in college, plus the workouts. Its a good plan, and diet is always the most important part of any exercise, BUT the PROPER diet is what allows you to see results.

sc98cbra

Established Member
Commitment is key. If you don't continue doing it on a regular basis, you won't see any results. Does it work? Yes. Would I pay the $150 for it? No. If you do your research, you can get a great diet plan and workout routine for free.

04RiceEater

Established Member
Im mixing P90X and insanity right now. Insanity is tough! As others have said diet is the most important thing and to keep motivated and stick with it. Do these things and you will see results.

GARDENSNAKE97

Established Member
P90X is good in the sense that it gets people excited about working out. I don't want to bash on P90X at all. But what I constantly see is people start the program, end up looking pretty good after 90 days and then they are unable to maintain what they have, or they just stop working out completely. I prefer having a routine I can do all year round. I would suggest you google scooby's workshop. It's a really great website and everything on there is FREE.

GodStang

Established Member
I am mixing Insanity and P90x also. Durning lunch I do normal weights workout. Then before dinner I do instanity and then go running. I do ab ripper X and Ab Ripper X2 mixed in. I have seen great results. Wife has lost 25lbs and we have 3 weeks left.

As far as P90x and Insanity go you have to push yourself. You out of it what you put into it.

AluminatorSnake

Established Member
P90X is good in the sense that it gets people excited about working out. I don't want to bash on P90X at all. But what I constantly see is people start the program, end up looking pretty good after 90 days and then they are unable to maintain what they have, or they just stop working out completely. I prefer having a routine I can do all year round. I would suggest you google scooby's workshop. It's a really great website and everything on there is FREE.

Thats because those people have ZERO dedication if they dont maintain it. Lack of self respect. It makes no sense to push your limits, and change your body and habits for the better for 90 days straight, just to say screw it give me 11 big macs and the biggest coke you can find and forget everything that was worked for. Its like buying a new car and as soon as you get home take a sledge hammer to every body panel. If they really follow the program, diet and workout routine, 90 days is long enough to change a persons lifestyle and bad habits. After 90 days of nothing but healthy eating and exercising for the wellbeing of your body, thats what should be ingrained in your mind. P90x can be done all year around as i have 2 family members that do it and a couple friends that live that lifestyle. In a sense its probably easier to do all year than going to a gym to lift and do cardio. You can do it in your home vs getting your shit together and driving to and from the gym and wasting extra time.

Last edited:

Way2QWK

Established Member
I have been doing p90x off and on for the past year and a half. Its a great way to get into shape for ME. After the first 90 days I lost about 25lbs. Currently Im on week 7 of my third 90 day period. I have been a stay at home Dad for the past year and I find the only time I can work out is while my son takes his afternoon nap. P90x at home is perfect for me. I have seen better results doing p90x daily verse going to the gym. Saves gas and I dont have to worry about an overcrowded gym. I run on the rest days. Plus its a similar routine to what I will see at the Border Patrol Academy when I go. Pushups, situps, pullups and running. To see results like anything you just have to stick with it.

phillip95

Established Member
I'm on my third round of P90X. I started at 170 lbs 18% body fat. I'm now sitting at 187 lbs 11% body fat. My strength and muscle definition has improved significantly. If you stick to the routine they have laid out for you, you will see results. Just remember that a post workout recovery shake should have protein, and fast absorbing carbs no matter what your weight loss/weight gain goals are. Good luck man.

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
I'm on my third round of P90X. I started at 170 lbs 18% body fat. I'm now sitting at 187 lbs 11% body fat. My strength and muscle definition has improved significantly. If you stick to the routine they have laid out for you, you will see results. Just remember that a post workout recovery shake should have protein, and fast absorbing carbs no matter what your weight loss/weight gain goals are. Good luck man.

I think you are hitting it on the head the best.

I am doing 6 days, 3 days of lifting weights, and either kempo, or ab ripper x, then, on the none lifting days I do plyometrics, or cardio x. I have lost 5 lbs this week, and I had already lost 10 on my own prior to starting this. I am now at 210, which I could be happy right now, but I want a flat ripped stomach, and some more definition. I struggle to cut. I mass up, but cutting is a lot harder for me.

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
I think you are hitting it on the head the best.

I am doing 6 days, 3 days of lifting weights, and either kempo, or ab ripper x, then, on the none lifting days I do plyometrics, or cardio x. I have lost 5 lbs this week, and I had already lost 10 on my own prior to starting this. I am now at 210, which I could be happy right now, but I want a flat ripped stomach, and some more definition. I struggle to cut. I mass up, but cutting is a lot harder for me.

If you want to cut then why not do the program as it is scheduled? Make an effort to stick with the diet guide ( or a close variant) and you will cut up.

I decided to start it in October 2011 and haven't stopped. Kept repeating program. Everything about it is convenient for me. I'm 34 this month, I can honestly say I'm in the best shape of my life.

ITRIEDEL

Established Member
Hopefully you can see these P90x results

This was without the diet... and No Yoga (sorry but yoga sucked...)

BEFORE (EWWW this was because of a weight gainer and no workout "DUMB ME" )

163652_167332266635755_4772968_n.jpg

After 65 days NO FLEXING

164340_173724652663183_4049348_n.jpg

SORRY For the hair at the bottom

PEDO SMILE (I was taking these for my girlfriend at the time trying to be stupid... sorry)

90 Days

180093_181363201899328_4635913_n.jpg

With yoga my results would of prob exceeded another 25% (talking out my ass) but yoga is a big part of it, i just didnt have the flexibity and patience... as for diet, i did cut back but i still ate what I want...just in smaller portions and I drank the results and recovery formula from beach body entire 90 days (loved it, taste sooo good *like a orange push pop*) but i heard they changed it and it sucks now...havent tested yet... want to do another p90x workout...

Ill let my results do the talking but IMO it works...

Last edited:

ReefBlueCoupe

Established Member
Nice progress. I am at the gym 5 days a week and pretty strict about eating clean foods.

I just bought the Athlean X program. I plan on doing it, Insanity, and P-90x over the next two years. I have been most impressed (outside looking in) by Athlean X. P90x is by far the most popular, though, and plenty of people see huge results from it. I just want to try them all so I can see what each program's pros and cons are.

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
If you want to cut then why not do the program as it is scheduled? Make an effort to stick with the diet guide ( or a close variant) and you will cut up.

I decided to start it in October 2011 and haven't stopped. Kept repeating program. Everything about it is convenient for me. I'm 34 this month, I can honestly say I'm in the best shape of my life.

My x wife left the dvd and book, but no diet guide. I guess I could try and find it. I will be 27 in october. As of this morning I am -15 lbs, but not totally on this program. I started a very strict diet 2 weeks ago, and I had lost 8 lbs. So 6 lbs in 11 days isn't too bad. I agree though a program only works, with sticking to everything. My problem is I work so much. The nearest 24 hour fitness is 30 minutes away, and LA Fitness, closes too early, and doesn't open until 7. I have already been at work for 3 hours by that time. When golds gym was around here, they opened at 5, and closed at 12 am. That worked out better for me, but they went under here. I am thinking 180 is going to be my goal. I don't want anorexic and got to 165-170.

CJK440

Established Member
I dont see how it can't work. Be that active for the same amount of time with any assortment of exercises and you'll get ripped too. The diet is the big equalizer.

My wife did it and got results.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Rudders331cobra

Established Member
It works! I did tried it last year. I guess the diet part is most important, although I did not follow it. I guess good genes still exist. I think the bi thing with the video is the pace, and the type of workouts. But good to those who stay with it.

BayouVette

Far Beyond Driven
Established Member
Get your diet right and any workout will work.

if your trying to cut though 4 tablespoons of PB a day is a bit much.

Users who are viewing this thread