has your Terminator ever seen rain?

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I've owned mine 5yrs now and it has never seen rain, as long as I've owned it. The previous owner, also claims it has never seen rain. I bought it with 3,600 miles on it and the only time it's seen water from a hose was after the trip from NY to FLA. Heck I don't sleep at night if there's dust on it lol

You have only washed it once?

BMSTNG

Established Member
Yes believe it or not, again it doesn't see rain, and only comes out in nice weather. So with that being said, it doesn't get dirty enough to warrant washing it with a hose. I use a detailer with micro fiber towels and the dust is constantly wiped off. I guess you could say I'm a little fanatical lol

Strikeking10

Established Member
Rain? Heck I drove mine home in the snow the day I got it haha, the car was bone stock but didnt have a single issue going over the pass for 80 miles in snow, it was my daily driver for a while but now its only driven on nice days, I stay away from any potential rain with the 15" Et street R's and 700whp
IMG_2811.JPG

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
Yes believe it or not, again it doesn't see rain, and only comes out in nice weather. So with that being said, it doesn't get dirty enough to warrant washing it with a hose. I use a detailer with micro fiber towels and the dust is constantly wiped off. I guess you could say I'm a little fanatical lol

I’m the same way. I didn’t wash mine for like 4 years and it looked better than 90% of other cars out there paint wise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

3xBlackCobra

Established Member

Exactly what i do. Dust it off before/ after a drive, and actually clean it with micro fiber towels and McGuires detailer. I've maybe taken a hose to it twice

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
Mine is sitting out in the parking lot at work right now taking a bath in the rain. Am I a bad Terminator owner?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BMSTNG

Established Member
I’m the same way. I didn’t wash mine for like 4 years and it looked better than 90% of other cars out there paint wise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yes I would have to agree with you, the paint on my car looks great. although it does get waxed every couple of months. Last year at the NMRA spring break shootout, I took best modern ford out of a record a setting 250 + cars so I guess I'm doing something right.

GodStang

Established Member
I live in the south east. So ya in the past 15 years its seen rain once or twice. I have ET streets and tons of Torque so driving in the rain can be very scary with crappy SC roads that flood in secs. It is not the rain on the car that bothers me its the driving conditions that comes with the rain.

04torchred

Established Member
Its seen rain and snow. Honestly it was pretty damn fun in the snow with just a pulley and tune!

Now I try to only drive it on non rain days and this is mainly due to being lazy and hating the extra work to clean it all up again.

Live Wire

Established Member
I've had mine for 7 years and this summer was the first time it saw rain since I've owned it; it was unexpected, but just a light drizzle. That being said, a few years ago on the way to work, they were doing road construction and workers were cutting out cement while dumping water on the saw blade, presumably to keep the dust down. I had to drive right through all this muck water and the undercarriage is covered in dried cement dust... to this day. So I could actually stand to take it through a few rain showers and work some of that dust off.

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
Mine spent about a month outside when we were doing a home renovation and I used the garage as my work shop.

As bad as I hated it sitting in the rain....it sure did look sexy all wet.
6e060fa55a66d5d1f521f29bfa961662.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Liquidsnake

Lok'tar Ogar
Established Member
I live in NW Houston sooooo yes, lol. They don’t use any kind of road treatments here so even if you have to drive in the rain your car doesn’t get that dirty underneath, at least not where I live. My car was a garage queen before I bought it and even after driving it 20-30 times in the rain in 2 years it still looks super clean.

Drive XR7

NE Ohio's Fastest
Established Member
Has been in the rain but not on purpose. I usually do waterless washes but if it's gotten wet or there's a ton of dirt on the rear bumper or behind the rear tires it gets washed. Being a convertible, I can do a complete 2-bucket hand wash, wheels, wheelwells, tires, and Adams Gloss & Guard in about 45 minutes.

Skitzerman

NE Philly
Established Member
Caught in the rain twice since Jan of '04. 6,125 miles and never seen a hose. Comes off the floor in late Nov and sleeps in a 68* garage till April. Over the years, I've driven cars till the wheels fell off or they just gave up. The Cobra is special and I treat it that way. I have two other vehicles to do the heavy lifting.

fangin2u

Established Member
I drove in the rain for 3 days from Texas to North Carolina for the 50th Anniversary Mustang party. And then it rained for 3 days while in NC. No rain on the way home though.
I’m surprised you didn’t go to the show in Las Vegas. I went to the show in Charlotte too and got my cobra wet.

Users who are viewing this thread