Hate having to ask for help...

Rings

Established Member
Adorable kids!

Gave a small amount and sharing on fb...good luck on your goals!!

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I am sorry to hear about your families' struggles. I am glad to see there are still people out there to help those truly in need. Best of luck to you and your family.

f8lbite04svt

Established Member
ara4u8a6.jpg

Update!

We got the hearing aids on July 8th. Went back on the 22nd & they turned up the volume on them some more. The effect has been unreal! We are nowhere close to having a conversation with him, but we are getting a lot more new words from him. He starts preschool next week, so hopefully the social aspect will help out more. Thanks to any & all that gave!

ViciousJay

Established Member
I feel your pain, I just had to cough up $7000 for my new hearing aids. And 4 years prior I spent $6000.....all out of pocket.
No medical insurance company will cover hearing aids. Its awful, and I know they are trying to pass bills to alleviate this.
Different states however have different programs,so you may want to recheck that.
When I lived in South Carolina, the state paid for my hearing aids.

thats BS man! I swear they can pay for pos like my ex wife to get a massage but for someone like yourself your screwed... its not fair, i feel for you man and for the OP :nonono::(

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Glad to hear he is doing better!!! Keep us updated on his progress!

I mentioned earlier about me having to buy new HA's soon as well, but instead I'm going to get cochlear implants. There's a new device called the Rondo Med El that's an all-in-one unit and since insurance pays for the surgery, it's cheaper than new HA's.

f8lbite04svt

Established Member
Glad to hear he is doing better!!! Keep us updated on his progress!

I mentioned earlier about me having to buy new HA's soon as well, but instead I'm going to get cochlear implants. There's a new device called the Rondo Med El that's an all-in-one unit and since insurance pays for the surgery, it's cheaper than new HA's.

Keep us updated on how that works out for you, sometime in the future I'm gonna have to move from HA's to implants myself

Katy TX5.0

Established Member
Good news.

Is there such a thing as used or refurbished hearing aids that can keep the cost down? This is just for my personal knowledge.

Last edited:

f8lbite04svt

Established Member
Good news.

Is there such a thing as used or refurbished hearing aids that can keep the cost down? This is just for my personal knowledge.

You could buy a set off of someone, but it's a gamble in my opinion. Hearing loss is kinda like having bad eyesight, hearing aids are your prescription glasses/contacts. What may work for someone may not work for you.

Users who are viewing this thread