Hau Thai Tang I know you are there.

chuckstang

Established Member
actually I think it is quite easy...but the main problem is that they have to make a seat accomodate the fat people of the world as well :( (flame suit on lol)

projekZERO

Werd
Established Member
ok i'll put in my opinion also

original red cars hood needs to go back on (u should be able to manage this)
side mirrors need to be smaller but more importantly painted (u can do this also)
less is more as in weight (but i doubt is much possible)
the guy that wants the quarter window vents, please dont listen to him as that would totaly be a deal breaker for me. fugly as heck

seats just need nice bolstering and a decent material leather isnt a must, but ditch the power driver seat. i dont need it and power seats weigh alot more than manual seats. plus in my cobra only i drive it so i never move the seat. and if it has no power passenger seat why do i need one? the passenger seats the only one that ever moves.

i understand the blower concern so i wont say much, i know you'll put the baddest blower on there that is readily available.

im sure the internals will be forged. u know better than that. too bad manley couldnt stay on board, im sure it was a price concern. manley dos great work. lets hope mahle can come through just as good.

i havent heard about the trans yet, but it better be stronger than the terminators such as a 26 spline input shafts. and also the viper 5 and 6th wouldnt hurt for fuel economy. hell just through the vipr trans in there. also keep the clutch on the blower for economy aslso. i know most peeps dont like the clutch, but if they understood it will allow for no blower drag while crusing and u can still mod the blower to spin harder they would welcome it. no tax guzzler tax would be great if you can pull it off.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Even CS himself didn't believe in non-functional scoops on his original 5 year run. I like the original concept. But all of us should remember that there are limist on cost and you have to cut them somehow. It's called bean counting. (note, I went to school for accounting so I can say that. HA HA). As long as it has the SRA instead of the IRS (the orignal Shelby's did not have IRS) and forged internals with the advertised 450 HP I will be pretty happy.

We see you can't make everyone happy. But If you insist on putting CS's name on the car, then make it like the originals truely were.......bad street machines made to beat up ont eh vette with REAL scoops throughout the car. IF Ford does not want to stay that original, then take the CS stuff off and return it back to the Cobra SVT. (IE; no mention of Shelby).

Signed,

A guy that loves original mustangs (see my signature).

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
so you guys are wanting all of this yet what all did we get with the 03/04 cobras? lets see, you got a hood, a supercharger(on the stock block), some wheels, the IRS, and some badges. now what are we getting on this cobra? an entire new engine, a bigger supercharger to go with that engine, a hood, some wheels, front/rear fascias(hate that word), the shelby name, and some badges for about the same price(yea yea, dealer markup, i know). what the hell is everyone complaining about? im sorry you cant get a gold plating paint job to go with the diamond wheels for 20k but this sounds like a deal if you ask me.

Blacknblue

SVT G-Force Tester
Established Member
Dear HTT:

There are some of us who have more than one high performance car (in big garages!) that would like to be able to option the GT-500 so that it competes with other American muscle, i.e. Z-06s and Vipers. We are not shy about spending more money on a factory warrantied car that can do this. A performance option list might include IRS (for bumpy mountain roads), a twin screw supercharger, etc. A low cost base car without these options is ok so long as we can also order one that is loaded.

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
I'm thinking that the added cost of adding these options to the car would in the end make this project unfeasable. I think they are going to stick to fewer options much like they have in the past with other SVT products. The less they have to differ on the less they have to stretch their already thin budget.

I would love to see those things be options...but then again they already are...all you have to do is pick up your Ford performance catalogue and order any all of the parts you want right at your dealer. Most dealers will even warrenty the work if you have it done by them. I say this knowing that the only thing they don't have in the aftermarket is an IRS, but it could be a possiblity.

chuckstang

Established Member
Whitten, every single dealer I have been to states very emphatically that they will not warranty any Ford Racing part. Maybe the Northeast just sux lol

crazyhorse06

Established Member
the dealer I am dealing with on the Shelby has told me that they would warranty the parts installed by them. When I was shopping the Terminators, they were even willing to warranty pullies. They had a car on their lot that was new and they added pulley, chip, CAI, Bassani, subframe connectors and short throw shifter.

Last edited:

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
chuckstang said:
Whitten, every single dealer I have been to states very emphatically that they will not warranty any Ford Racing part. Maybe the Northeast just sux lol

You need to come check out Team Ford in Marietta...it has a dyno, and they are known for having some great running cars. The techs told me that they will warranty the work so long as you buy it through them and have it installed and tuned by them.

chuckstang

Established Member
dam...ya I knew these dealers existed in the 60's but that is awsome some still do this high performance game because in my area I don't really know of any. That is sweet to buy a modded Cobra with a warranty!

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
30,0000 members on this site and not 1 ford SVT engineer. That's a shame. I guess the voice of the customer will never be heard.

They'll probably just cancel the car and come up with a lame excuse like they did with the lightning prototype. If Ford doesn't get this 1 right I'm done with em'

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
what was their lame excuse for the lightning? from what i heard, all the people in SVT are currently working on the cobra and there will be a new 09 lightning(not sure if its model year or date though).

I liked SVT better when the corn fed guy was in charge...Now the only thing we will see is a hopped up GT Mustang and Ranger.....Oh...And I bet the focus will come back as a ricer whan-a-bee! With a three foot Wing!

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
03soniccobra01 said:
I liked SVT better when the corn fed guy was in charge...Now the only thing we will see is a hopped up GT Mustang and Ranger.....Oh...And I bet the focus will come back as a ricer whan-a-bee! With a three foot Wing!

I really wouldn't count HTT down and out just because he's not a corn fed Merican. So far he has done a great job with the new GT and I have to say I am happy that he is pushing this deal with Carrol Shelby first. Now that SVT is getting more funding I should think that after the Shelbys start getting delivered that we will begin to see more specialty cars come out of them.

JETSOLVER

Where is Coletti?
Established Member
Whitten said:
I really wouldn't count HTT down and out just because he's not a corn fed Merican. So far he has done a great job with the new GT
Agreed but that man has a lot to live up to. Colletti was our kind of CAR guy in that company and he put his career on the line a couple of times to get the product to the owners.(not forgetting the other luntiics :-D ) I still have a bit of an uneasy feeling about this being more a sticker/spoiler car than all up subtle , arsekicking SVT though.

YELOSNK

Established Member
Bluedot_26 said:
John C was a "real" car guy .... if he hadn't left, you could probably get by with (what they consider the fringe group) bitching about fake scoops and non-screws. HHT is there to help SVT make money and nothing else ... regardless of who they get to write his bio ... he's there to make SVT profitable .... AND NOTHING ELSE.

Uh, I'm sorry. Do you personally know John Colletti and Hau Thai Tang? If you do, thanks for your opinion. If you don't, please stfu. :rollseyes

03soniccobra01 said:

WTF? So because this guy is asian he is going to have some inborn desire to put large wings, bodykits and stickers on to cars? That is some ig'nant shit right there. :nono:

Last edited:

Big Vito

tactician
Established Member
Im still keeping my Cobra, of :smmon: course I said that the previous 3 vehicles

Users who are viewing this thread