Hau Thai Tang I know you are there.

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
I'm much happier with the car too! The hood is definitely growing on me, got the ground effects (nice!), stripes look better (thank you). I know the 2-screw is out (bummer). So how about the Interior upgrade to near-show specs (especially the door panels!), and, while I'm asking, GTR taillamp covers, and a nice, little "Shelby" badge on the corner of the trunk?

Got to stop.......starting to sound more like an x-mas list........but I had to request them... :-D

Last edited:

crazyhorse06

Established Member
Overall, I love the car. I can live without the twin screw (rather not, but, can). I would still like to see the leather interior as in the show car and the bigger, better brakes.

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
I agree with all of you on some of the things you said.

The vents are better than they were, but still could be better if they were like the concept. Even still the hood will be functional, and I am sure that there is a very good reason behind the design.

The mirrors do need to be put on a diet and painted, and Shelby badges do need to be on the rear trunk lid. And it would be nice to have the GTR tail lamps but to be honest these are very minor things in comparison to what we were worried about before. I am glad that the little things aside from the specifics about the brakes are all that we are worried about.

Could be a whole lot worse, and hey you never know what the next mule will have on it.

chuckstang

Established Member
The mirrors MUST BE MADE SMALLER and the hood well whatever, because Im sure whichever they choose will be made functional.

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
Milstang said:
Overall I am pleased with the car. I mainly want to know now about the brakes and the interior. (nice seats and leather dash I hope) :pop:

How cool would it be to have a stitched leather or suede dash as well as those 14" 4 Pot Brembos up front. I would love to see a leather dash for sure though. I will be happy if they forsake the dash and redo the mirrors and give us some really nice grippy bucket seats much like the suede inserts on the 03 Cobra's.

Black93Cobra

Established Member
crazyhorse06 said:
Overall, I love the car. I can live without the twin screw (rather not, but, can). I would still like to see the leather interior as in the show car and the bigger, better brakes.

Agreed, the hood is causing me the greatest angst, I think there are so many other alternatives that could be designed. One example is the hood on the Dream Car Factory DCF500GT

http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/timeline/05/06/dcf500gt/

broeli

Established Member
Leather seats?! Who cares if they're leather as long as they are lightweight snug seats like Recaros or Sparcos. Afterall this is a performance car not a luxery car, correct? :D
No heavy leather power adjustable leather seats are needed.
The mirrors do have to go though. They at the very least need painted.
The trunk area needs changed also. The brake light needs integrated in the wing.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
toss in the (ford)GT seats please. hey, if the 20k srt-4 gets viper seats then why cant our 40k mustang have GT seats?

broeli

Established Member
Ry_Trapp0 said:
toss in the (ford)GT seats please. hey, if the 20k srt-4 gets viper seats then why cant our 40k mustang have GT seats?
Good idea! :thumbsup:

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
broeli said:
Good idea! :thumbsup:

Me likes this idea as well.

And I agree it would be cool to get some Recaro's or something of the like for this car. I don't see that happening though and it is unfortunate.

chuckstang

Established Member
that DFC car is really cool. take a hint Ford except for that hideous snow plow import front bumper! the rear looks longer on the black car for some reason too

duane v

Established Member
Heres my voice...Why and the hell would you offer the aluminum block in the 05 GT stang and not offer one in the 06 Shelby stang :mj:...thats an easy 70 lbs off the nose that could have been shedd....that is all...DA sake boy!!!

Last edited:

01LightningGal

Gloria
Established Member
Because the aluminum block used in the GT is mega bucks, and would raise the price of the GT500 quite a bit.

There are reasons that the engine alone, for the Ford GT, costs around $35K to buy (even with a 100% mark-up, it would still cost $17,500, which would probably be over 4x the budget for the engine for the GT500).

SGL

Banned
Ry_Trapp0 said:

The logic is deficient.

Find a Neon seat and take it apart. find a Viper seat and take it apart.

Now do the same for the 05 mustang seat and a GT seat.

Once you have done that, you will understand why Ford can't just put the GT seats in the Mustang.

Enough said.

SGL

Banned
broeli said:
Leather seats?! Who cares if they're leather as long as they are lightweight snug seats like Recaros or Sparcos.

Stop dreaming. That is most assuredly not going to happen. I can tell you that without any doubts and with a degree of certainty that exceeds your wildest imagination.

AbusiveWombat

Established Member
serpentnoir said:
The logic is deficient.

Find a Neon seat and take it apart. find a Viper seat and take it apart.

Now do the same for the 05 mustang seat and a GT seat.

Once you have done that, you will understand why Ford can't just put the GT seats in the Mustang.

Enough said.

The point is a 20k Neon has some pretty nice seats. A 25k EVO has some really nice Recarro seats. There's no reason why Ford can't put in some decent seats.

SGL

Banned
AbusiveWombat said:
The point is a 20k Neon has some pretty nice seats. A 25k EVO has some really nice Recarro seats. There's no reason why Ford can't put in some decent seats.

Now that I can agree with but the limitation is still the internal guts of the seat. That cannot change without going through a complete recertification program. Big $$$. But, yes, the seat could be trimmed-out differently for a racier look.

Anyone here sat in a GT seat recently? Not comfortable at all (no disrespect to my co-workers who developped it but it's a fact). It's without a doubt, a seat I would not want to live with on a daily basis.

The most comfortable, sporty seat, I sat in recently was the Ferrari 430. Good lateral support, good fit & finish and above all, good comfort. Very difficult to achieve all these objectives and keep costs low.

Users who are viewing this thread