Have $250 for mods on stock Cobra...Help

CobraSS

Established Member
Like it says. Stock 03 Cobra only mod is drop in K&N, silencer removed.
$250 max. Most safe power! I know it isn't much to work with, but I appreciate any help.

I want to put SpinTech mufflers on so that takes $150 of it.

What is the best other mod for $100?

Was thinking 2.93 pulley and dyno to see if safe?

3.10 / 3.00 (?) pulley? Who sells these and for how much? I figure this will be much safer, but have heard of a few people running the 2.93 without a tune and with no problems.

Eventually I want to do the 2.80 upper pulley and predator tuner. But money is tight right now.

Also I want to order the parts tonight or tomorrow morning. Trying to get this done by this weekend.

Thanks for the help.

03 Wave Bye

Established Member
Mods

See the Marketplace on this site,Most 03 Cobra owners sell parts cheap after they upgrade??Just another option :):)

Harvey

Juiced-03

Established Member
Originally posted by maoun
2.93 will need a tune....the lowest you could go w/o a tune is 3.10

I had a 2.93 for many miles with no tune. Networkingguru did the same as well. A tune is recommended but definitely not necessary especially with mostly stock exhaust

SmokenGRA03

SmokEater "LIVE STRONG"
Established Member
wait till you get some cash....dont do anything HALF-ASS

CobraSS

Established Member
I agree, I don't want to mess it up. But isn't a 3.10 pulley perfectly safe without a tune? It's only 2 psi more. I would sure hope the stock computer could handle that. Right now I am looking at doing mufflers and probably a 9" or 12" air filter. Thanks for the replies, and keep them coming.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by 03 svtvenom
Like he said. You dont pay 31-38k to screw it up with a bad tune or no tune at all!
I agree. Good words to pay attention to for sure. :rollseyes

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by CobraSS
I agree, I don't want to mess it up. But isn't a 3.10 pulley perfectly safe without a tune? It's only 2 psi more. I would sure hope the stock computer could handle that. Right now I am looking at doing mufflers and probably a 9" or 12" air filter. Thanks for the replies, and keep them coming.
You're adding a pulley to get more power. So why would you not want to get a proper tune to optimize output (especially torque) and insure your A/F is safe as well across the board? The only reason I can think of is to keep your warrantee alive, but now you have the Predator. :??:

CobraSS

Established Member
I do want to get a proper tune. The problem is I am greedy and I want some power right now and I don't have $400 to buy a predator tuner. If anyone is willing to buy one for me, then I would be glad to get it and a 2.93 or 2.80 pulley instead. But I truly doubt that will happen, so I am asking the age old question.....is the 3.00, 3.10, or 3.20 pulley actually safe without a tune. I have done a search and read various answers. Just looking for someone to convince me it is safe.
Thanks again.

redaddiction

Project Venom
Established Member
You can buy a 12 in. or 9 in filte with adapter for the maf for 70 shipped if you shop around. Then spend the rest on a Dial your boost setup and get the 3.4 pulley. Now when youre ready for more boost down the road it is easy to swap to a smaller non slip pulley.

Cobra10th Anniv

Established Member
I don't think it's necessarily safe to change the pulley at all no matter what size it is w/o a tune. Like everyone else has stated, do it right or don't do it.

So back to your original question on how to spend the cash...

Pick up a K&N Air Charger for $169 and enjoy the added HP and blower whine. You should definately feel a boost in the SOTP meter. :) Check below for details on my install.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59829

Good Luck.

redaddiction

Project Venom
Established Member
You could also do some minor stuff like plugs etc. I would also invest in an adjustable hadle from MGW. Also as already suggested a quadrant and firewall adjuster.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by CobraSS
I do want to get a proper tune. The problem is I am greedy and I want some power right now and I don't have $400 to buy a predator tuner. If anyone is willing to buy one for me, then I would be glad to get it and a 2.93 or 2.80 pulley instead. But I truly doubt that will happen, so I am asking the age old question.....is the 3.00, 3.10, or 3.20 pulley actually safe without a tune. I have done a search and read various answers. Just looking for someone to convince me it is safe.
Thanks again.
My advice is that if you can't do it right then wait until you have the money to do it right. :rollseyes

Users who are viewing this thread