Have a Problem, need some opinions!

GMKILR9050

MTPockets
Established Member
Took the truck to the track the other day, left off the light made it 10 feet and I lost all power. Pushed off the track and had to get towed home. Have cel and overdrive light flashing. Truck will not move in gear nore will it even rev up in park, it even stalls out when you put it in drive. Plugged in and found that I had 14 trouble codes, most of them for the trans, tcc fault, shift solenoids a and b faults, quite a few others that i cant remember but mostly electronic, and 2 o2 sensor codes. Trans is a fresh rebuild with a chicekenears valve body. After a little diagnosis, i discovered that my catalytic converter on the pass side was plugged. Ended up cutting the exhaust off to see what i would find and sure enough both converters on the pass side were completely plugged! Ended up using a punch and a hammer to free up all the crap inside the preconverter and tried to restart the truck to see what would happen. It still feels like its choked off but is alot better that what it was, however I still have all sorts of transmission codes along with a few additional 02 codes, for obvious reasons. My question is this, besides having trouble with my exhaust, what would cause the transmission to throw all of these codes? I had it up in the air and put it in drive and it almost seems like my torque converter is locked, truck did not shift into any gears at all. I thought I heard somewhere along the lines that some people were having problems with transmissions due to 02 sensor problems or wiring? Its one thing after another with this truck and its never anything simple. Please let me know what u think or if you have any suggestions as to what it could be.

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
did you do any exhaust mods recently? sounds like my problem that I had and my headers actually burnt up my wiring harness

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
Check your fuses under the hood. And inspect the wires going to all of your 02 sensors. It sounds like one of them has a short and is blowing the fuse. If the fuse is blown you'll get those codes and be in limp mode.

Users who are viewing this thread