Have not been on here for years, are Terminators still relevant?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Same question as Bob.
I just bought a beater Lexus and about to start looking at putting the whole fleet (4 mustangs and the Trackhawk) under a specialty insurance plan.
The Lexus will be helpful to be designated as the daily driver. It’s actually a really nice ‘05 LS430.

Also BDubbs did they require anything special regarding your off site garage? I also have my garage off my home property (although it is on brother’s land).
-J
Grundy didn't require anything other than an address and I provided some pictures of the outside. And also inside with my cars in the pictures.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
What's the mileage limit per year with Grundy coverage? Is there a mileage limit on your '90's regular policy?
Bob,
Grundy does not limit mileage, I'll include a snapshot of their policy description.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    495.5 KB · Views: 94

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks for the disclaimer. I do see that under their policy the car cannot be a daily driver. For most, that wouldn't be an issue.

MystiChrome Coupe

Established Member
Hell yes, they're still valuable. More so in our current market. It does depend a lot on the condition of the car, mileage, mods, etc., but generally the values are >$25K.

By the way, you asked in another thread for some help finding @treynor's posts showcasing his awesome vehicles. Here's the biggest one to start you off.
Hello Bob, great to see you still here!! Like I said, I have not been on SVTP for years, but I do remember you, I even bought shifter gaskets way back in the day from you!!! Thanks for your reply sir!!

BlownShelby10

Established Member
That’s better but 5500mi ain’t all the same. What’s the condition/story?
-J
2 owners, bone stock. Last owner before myself was 68 and had a knee and hip replacement that’s why he sold it. Markets been crazy so I was curious what kinda price it would bring if I sold it. Condition is like new. Whole car is 10/10

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
2 owners, bone stock. Last owner before myself was 68 and had a knee and hip replacement that’s why he sold it. Markets been crazy so I was curious what kinda price it would bring if I sold it. Condition is like new. Whole car is 10/10
Around $30k +/- I’d guess.
-J

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
The terminator is relevant, in the same way a WS6 Trans Am, or Corvette from the same time period are. They are platforms, and the terminator is a desirable one. The modifications to the car is what keeps them relevant in modern times.
Having said that, I prefer seeing older cars I grew up wanting more than the new stuff, and it doesn’t really matter to me how fast it is, by today’s standard. What matters is enjoyment of ownership and smiles per mile. I don’t see how a Terminator could ever be irrelevant.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Silver affects the value a bit, but the low mileage is a big plus.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
The terminator is relevant, in the same way a WS6 Trans Am, or Corvette from the same time period are. They are platforms, and the terminator is a desirable one. The modifications to the car is what keeps them relevant in modern times.
Having said that, I prefer seeing older cars I grew up wanting more than the new stuff, and it doesn’t really matter to me how fast it is, by today’s standard. What matters is enjoyment of ownership and smiles per mile. I don’t see how a Terminator could ever be irrelevant.
This. I get plenty of enjoyment driving our not so fast 67 fastback and foxbody mustangs. For me there is something special about driving older cars.

I guess part of it brings me back. A time period where things seemed less chaotic. A car where you actually have to drive it, not feeling like the car is driving you if that makes sense?

I get that same feeling in the cobra. Usually when I'm driving the cobra, I think of the time period of these cars and what they represent.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Very nice! I’ve driven a 428CJ/Top loader car at about 80% (wasn’t my car) and those cars made great torque and pulled strong. Definitely a car you have to drive with a strong arm not like modern tech.
I also prefer that old school feeling of Foxbody cars, something about the size weight seating just feels right to me and takes me back to my first ever mustang an ‘86 GT.
I was lucky enough to buy an ‘04 Cobra new and that was a big upgrade from the Fox but now it’s even bigger upgrade (light years) when you get into an s550.
So yes, you either like that old school feeling or you don’t, but I’m happy to have both.
Hopefully that low mile silver Terminator coupe goes to a good home!
-J

Users who are viewing this thread