Have you ever gotten Air ?

waytofastvette

Buh Bye !
Ok so i found this new road that looked to be perfect for a good street race. No houses on it and it was about a half mile long stop sign to stop sign. I run down the road at 70mph in the one lane and it seems to be a good road. I turn the car around and im going to do a Quarter mile pass going back the other way. Well I get on it and im winding threw the gears. Im at about 105-110 and i hit this dip in the lane. My car was airborn :p musta Been atleast a few inches. It was a good thing i had both hands ON the wheel because It was all i could do to keep it under control

After the fact I thought it was pretty cool..... Would i do it again ? No But It makes for a funny story

Have you ever gotten Air ?

Last edited:

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
I used to have an 86 Ltd that i jumped over crap all the time. I wanted to break the dang thing and it wouldnt die. The gas tank finally fell off of it when i jumped some bump in Flint. That probably wasnt the smartest/safest things i have ever did.

Jumping in a vette has to be pretty sweet though :)

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
I got air in the passenger seat of my friends Echo @ 90 right into a tree. That wasn't too fun. My first ambulance ride though.

There is an onramp to the freeway where you have about 300 feet from a stop light before the onramp starts, and where it starts it goes down about 30 degrees...if I floor it at the light, I get air in second gear going on to the freeway.

x o3 mustang

~* kiss me *~
Established Member
when i was really little my dad use to do stuff like that all the time but i called it getting butterflies :D :D haha im such a loser

nj7703

Established Member
I got air on a back road in my old 76 Olds. It was actually very stupid thinking about it now, cause the frame in that POS was rusted thru, and i would bottom out on the other side but, i think we all have done it, especially when younger.

SQ Stang

I'm an SIT WOO WOO
Established Member
I got air in my 99 explorer. I was trying to get away from this psycho, and i didn't notice an incline that was coming up..so going 85+ miles an hour and that = getting airborn and me :eek: on what happened. luckily i landed good and kept going and got away from the psycho driver following me. :D

gyacopetti

Super Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
Yes, unfortuntally. My friend has a really clean 02 silverado. It has a 4-6 drop on boyd 20's. Anyways, we were doing 65 on a 6 lane road at like 2 am and we went under an underpass, and when we got out, we hit small incline that was hard to notice and we def. got some air. Then we bottomed the truck out and almost crashed. Hmmm, it sucked.

Nix112

Eastbound and Down
Established Member
I was in a line of about 6 Mustangs, a Vette and a Viper one night looking for some backroad fun we had heard was going on. We proceed to get lost 50miles from Louisville(our hometown) and we are rolling through endless backroads. We come over two quick hills in the road with hard drop offs. We take them around 50MPH and shortly after we turn around.

So I look over at my passenger, who is very easily scared in cars and I take the oppertunity. "I can get air there." "No way dude." So I drop back to around 20MPH and give myself a huge window from the cars in front of me. When I hit the first hill I was at the top of third, so around 90. The quick rev limiter pin, the sparks and the cars behind me confirmed around a half foot of air.

Not a smart thing to do, but fun. Easy way to piss off easily scared friends.

E. Green Cobra

Bounced in the 1st!
Established Member
I hit an intersection doin 80+ once, and got some major air in the stang, I'm surprised it didn't do any damage, we came down so hard. Its the worst feeling in the world after you land trying to "listen"/ feel if anything is wrong with the car.

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
We used to fly down these two different roads with high speed hills. The first hill has since been cut down because of the quantity of accidents from people flying over it. The 2nd location has had the speed reduced from 55 to 35. My GF and I flew over that one in my Camaro at close to 100 mph with one of my friends following in his Regal. We were in the air for probably 50'. My friend had a full carload of people and bottomed out bad upon landing. Ripped his exhaust system half off the car. He couldn't go forward because his exhaust was digging into the pavement and we had no tools to remove it. We tried kicking it off but it wouldn't budge. I ended up driving his car in reverse for a few miles back to his cousin's house because he couldn't drive a straight line in reverse. My GF drove my car back. Man, was my neck sore the next day...

SQ Stang

I'm an SIT WOO WOO
Established Member
I got air in my 99 explorer. I was trying to get away from this psycho, and i didn't notice an incline that was coming up..so going 85+ miles an hour and that = getting airborn and me :eek: on what happened. luckily i landed good and kept going and got away from the psycho driver following me. :D

03DOHC

Established Member
We used to get air in my friends Nissan pickup truck in Hawaii all the time. For those on the forum familiar with the intersection it is at the bottom of the hill coming down from Hanauma Bay. Not the street coming down the hill but the street that crosses it at the bottom of the hill by the shopping center on the corner. You can get major air there.

We used to sit at the bus stop at that intersection and watch people floor it when the light turned yellow to make it through the intersection before the red, and they would get airborn. It happened all day long, every day. The road was gouged from all the scraping. Hilarious.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
I bought canned air...does that count as 'getting air'?

xxxzach

Established Member
in my 83 volvo sedan i was able to get air on this dirt road here. there was a nice little ramp that was there naturally. i would hit it going 80-90mph and get some air... bottom out and usually lose my muffler in the process haha.

FSSNK

Established Member
I did years ago in my first vette at an intersection with a bad dip. Sparks everywhere, thought I had really screwed my car up but it was fine.

Users who are viewing this thread