Have you ever seen a turbo'd Cobra R?

93SVTCobra

Established Member
Look at that god awful turn the intake track takes between the turbo and the intake.

It would be interesting to see the build up on that car.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Hmmmm... Turbo...... Interesting.........

Now, having said that, I would think a supercharger would be much more fitting, no?

Matt Jones

Established Member
The easiest thing to do would be to put a Kenne Bell supercharger on the 'R. The blower is very similar to the Eaton on the '03 Cobra.

Kenne Bell made over 600 RWHP with a new '03 running his blower with stock manifolds, throttle body, and catalytic converters. He advertises these blowers for 5.4's. Although, I am sure it means 2V Lightening motors.

A friend of mine had a custom set-up done for his 350 sbc off-road car. Over 700hp on pump gas and a stock LT1 computer with reburnt chip.

E. Green Cobra

Bounced in the 1st!
Established Member
5.0 mustang-had an article about a fellow with a 00R and a vortechsq-it was a modified 01 4vkit-i think they had to fab the bracketing and he ran a return stlye fuel system form a 98gt (this was before solutions to the returnless came out) with 8psi he put down 569rwhp and 509 tq. On an otherwise stock R. (oh he had a diablo chip too) And he got to keep that beautiful intake! as opposed to a kb setup.

Users who are viewing this thread