Haven't seen Evan's 2018 GT bone stock A10 pass posted yet?

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
so that applies to snow tires as well right? its simply another version of a rubber tire correct?

so my car is no longer STOCK only when the tire I put on makes me grip better on a dry surface vs. a wet surface?

Street Legal Snow Tire = Stock car.
Street Legal Drag Radial Tire = Modified car.

Do I have that correct?

Think about your first question and if someone came up to you at a gas station or wherever, they say "Nice Corvette, any mods done to it?, you would honestly tell them the car is stock knowing you already swapped the tires? Sometimes just to see how people respond I ask them the same thing, "any mods done?" and I see they're rolling in on R888's, I know they are full of shit.

In your scenario, because the tires were swapped, the car is no longer stock.

Rct851

Established Member
so that applies to snow tires as well right? its simply another version of a rubber tire correct?

so my car is no longer STOCK only when the tire I put on makes me grip better on a dry surface vs. a wet surface?

Do I have that correct?

What situation will people be asking if your car is stock? On the way to the grocery store with snow tires or at a race track with a stop watch running?

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Jesus, is this GNBRETt guy ****ing kidding?

If you change the tires, for performance gains or not, most people would no longer consider it stock.

Phrase it however the **** you want.

Stock with tires. Stock with gears. Tire mod only. Stock but lowered.

You can’t honestly be that dense.

Gut the car and double the horsepower and call it stock if you want.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Capture.PNG
Is 11.8 a10 really on stock everything? That means stock tires too.

Tired of people saying 100% stock w/DRs. That’s not stock genius. LOL

He posted on the 6th gen board and said the car was 100% bone stock, how you'd get it off the delivery trailer. His was a 54k as tested, optioned out car too I believe.

He also ran a 12.2 on the manual.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member

Do I have that correct?

Yes, you have modified the car from factory specs! When people ask me what I have done to my car I note that I have 325s on the rear. Why? Because I have better rubber all around that makes a considerable difference from the stock tires. If I put snow tires on I'm obviously not going to consider that a performance mod but it is a modification to help the car perform in certain conditions. A modification is a modification, doesn't matter what way you went with it.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
So what happens when the stock tire is no longer made for the car I bought cause they discontinued it?

what tire do I chose then to make my car stock?

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
So what happens when the stock tire is no longer made for the car I bought cause they discontinued it?

what tire do I chose then to make my car stock?
LOL...at that point the car is 10+ years old and nobody cares :)

FYI, brakes and tires are part of your suspension, whether you see it that way or not, hence swapping those parts for upgraded ones leads to an improvement in performance in some form, which means not stock.

Users who are viewing this thread