Hawaii Cobras

ROADWARRIORSVT

Established Member
03DOHC,
The ONLY time they prep the track is when they have a big race like Fastest Street Car Shootout, etc. Yea, they are cheap b@$tard$:mj:

KDog

Established Member
Hey guys,

Also on O'ahu (Kailua). I've been looking for some Hawaii cobra owners. Glad I found this forum.

I've been considering buying a cobra for a few months now. Any advice on the local dealers? Or for that matter, any advice on anything related to the 03's?

Aloha,

Kevin

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
Hey Guys,
PM me if ya'll are interested in a COBRA Club of some sort. I thought about a "TERMINATOR" Club, but with 10+ members, doesnt' make for a large membership, unless, of course, it was strictly performance oriented. Let me by PM, and I'll pass my cell# to those that are interested. Thanks.......BO

Also if a pulley swap is in your future, let me know, I have a puller!

ROADWARRIORSVT

Established Member
Kevin,
Best advice about buying a 03 in HI is,...stay away from Honolulu Ford. They have a dealer mark-up of $10,000.00 Thats right 10K. Saw a sonic blue convert for 49K a couple of weeks ago. Mike McKennas in Kailua only marks his up $6,000.00. Better yet, talk to HIsnake. He bought his 03 from TX and its getting shipped here, cheaper than you can buy one here! Good luck.

KDog

Established Member
Thanks for the tips! I went to Honolulu Ford, they didn't have any coupes at the time, only verts.

I was thinking about the out of state purchase too. I'm wondering how that works for taxes/registration/etc. HIsnake, mind filling me in?

Although I am getting a little concerned with the posts I've been reading all day today. Reading about the vibe, ticks, stalls, etc. Wondering if maybe I should go GT instead.

ROADWARRIORSVT

Established Member
Legit concerns about the vibes, ticks, stalls, etc. but remember, this is where people go for help with problems. You don't generally here from the other thousands of owners who are bug free. The GT and 03 Cobra are in two totally different leagues. Just remember, you'll have a warranty to help out if needed.

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
KDog, you should have no problem talking Windward Ford down on their price. They have probably 6 or 7 not always on the lot that have been hanging around for a while. Tell em what you'll give em. If they say no, go elsewhere........Get an 03, you want regret it......BO

KDog

Established Member
Thanks guys. One more question. I walk in to all the dealers, and they're like - "No test drive until we do all the paperwork." Is that normal? Or is it because I look young and they think I just want a joy ride? Really pisses me (and my wife) off.

I actually went down to Honolulu, and they said they had no coupes. If they have some hanging around off-lot, they must have been giving me the run around for the same reason.

Kevin

Got Incon?

Government Slave
Established Member
Hey guys,

I don't have my cobra over here, but I am visiting from the east coast on a work trip and if you guys get together in the next week I would love to hang out. I don't see where you can exactly use all 400+ hp here on Oahu but hey, power is fun. As an aside I hiked to the highest point on Oahu yesterday and pulled myself over this huge boulder on the cliff face and must say that is the scaredest I have been in many years. What an awesome trail.

I am doing the Puu Manamana trail next (Croutching lion)

Last edited:

CobraNHYEE

Established Member
Hey Kevin, I got my Cobra from Honolulu Ford. When I went in on that day my salesperson greeted me in the showroom and proceeded to open the car up e.g. doors, hood, trunk. Then I asked for a test drive. She asked me if I was serious in purchasing one. I said yes. Then she asked her manager and they proceeded to move the "SHAQ" Expedition out of the showroom to get my car out. So took it for a test drive and when I came back we started to negotiate first. No paperwork yet. And yes they do have a $10, 000 dealer mark up but that is negotiable. Talk to Sherry Dacuycuy. Also I've heard they got the best SVT mechanic on the island working there. Hope this helps.
Aloha, Edwin.

Originally posted by KDog
Thanks guys. One more question. I walk in to all the dealers, and they're like - "No test drive until we do all the paperwork." Is that normal? Or is it because I look young and they think I just want a joy ride? Really pisses me (and my wife) off.

I actually went down to Honolulu, and they said they had no coupes. If they have some hanging around off-lot, they must have been giving me the run around for the same reason.

Kevin

HIsnake

Established Member
Kevin,
I tried Mc Kenna too, they tried to rip me off too. Try eBay, theres usually about 15 for sale at any given time.

HwnSnake

Originally posted by HIsnake
Kevin,
I tried Mc Kenna too, they tried to rip me off too. Try eBay, theres usually about 15 for sale at any given time.

HIsnake,

McKenna tried to play their games with me, and later I found out they tried the same thing on one of my friends. Guess thats why they still have a lot of Cobras.

KDog

Established Member
Wow, guess I should find a new dealer. :)

HIsnake, did you do the ebay thing with a Texas dealer? Any hassles?

KDog

Established Member
Hey Bryon,

Enjoy the islands while you're here. Coincidentally, I'm originally from MD. I lived mostly in the Reisterstown and Catonsville area.

Aloha!

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
GOT INCON,
Welcome to Hawaii. ALOHA. We may try to get together in the next week. Will post here when something gets put together.....BO

Got Incon?

Government Slave
Established Member
Sounds great. Just let me know.

KDog, I live in sykesville, so I am very close to where you used to be. I commute down to columbia every day.

Users who are viewing this thread