Hawaii Cobras

CobraNHYEE

Established Member
Aloha Hawaiian Cobras!! What type oil and weight you use for our climate? Thanks. I know there's another thread on oil but I'm unsure if I should go to 5w-20 or heavier. Thanks in advance. Also this is a chance to see who on this forum is from the Islands.

ROADWARRIORSVT

Established Member
I'm running Mobile 1 10W30 in my 97 Cobra, my 03 is at Matson right now. Should be ready for pick-up any day now!! Climate is really docile here. Hardly ever in the mid/low 60's, highs in upper 80's.

Ed,
What part of the Island do you live? I'm up in Wahiawa.

Last edited:

CobraNHYEE

Established Member
Glad to hear you're getting the "Terminator." It's an awesome car. Now you'll have 2 awesome cars. I live in good old Waipahu. BTW, Thanks for your reply.

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
Now you know he aint gonna learn nothing about the 03 from you TOM.....LOL. Welcome man, I also live on OHAU....Have a Black 03 Coupe. There are about 9 of us on the Island. Let me know we can get together. Tom, as far as your other thread goes, check out the sig.......Been running 5w30 for a year now in the cobra, no issues with Hawaii heat........BO

CobraNHYEE

Established Member
Just got off my 3-11pm shift. So now's my chance to get on the computer and surf the forums while the wife and kid is asleep. Hehehehe!

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
Hey Tom, when are you gonna pick up that beast? Would love to get a first hand look at her. Found out yesterday a buddies 03 Cobra Vert. has a blown head gasket...OUCH. Thats gonna be painful. Later.....BO

CobraNHYEE

Established Member
Hey Bo, you runnin full syn, syn blend, or non-syn. I've heard that SVT don't recommend syn for our motors.....maybe after 5000. Thanks

ROADWARRIORSVT

Established Member
Bo,
03 is at Matson right now. They're really back logged on unloading. May be up to another week:gt: I'm like a kid on Christmas Eve!!! I'm still putting a roof on my garage extention too. This rain really slowing me down, plus I'm doing it all myself. So is the red vert's head gasket covered under warranty? Don't worry, I'll let ya know when I get it!

Ed,
When I get the 03, I'll get in touch with you guys and we'll meet up somewhere, like maybe HRP!:D

HIsnake

Established Member
How long has your 03 been waiting to be unloaded? I hope I don't have to wait that long:p

cobra808

Established Member
Well Bo,

Looks like there's 5 of the 9 Cobras responding to this thread. A get together might be in order in the near future.

Wally

ROADWARRIORSVT

Established Member
The ship arrived on 6-4-03. But Matson says they were blind sided with a shipment of 1,000 vehicles too, so they're working 24/7 to get everything unloaded, plus in the summer, they're a little busier. Don't worry,..I'm calling every day for availability!

ImportKiller

With these 5, i have also seen two yellow cobras (one vert), i know of another black one, and have also seen a vert black one also.

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by ROADWARRIORSVT
.....we'll meet up somewhere, like maybe HRP!:D
Hopefully that place is better prepped than I remember or some slicks are in order.:rolling:

CobraNHYEE

Established Member
Did you guys meet up tonight? If you guys did, man I missed it cuz I had to be at work. I start from 3pm to 11pm. Would of been great to meet all you guys.

Users who are viewing this thread