Hawk HPplus VS Hawk Blue 9012 VS PFC

Splatter

Established Member
Hello, any feedback on a pad that can get me to the track and back?? tried HPS and was not a patch on the OEM pads which I think are PFC. Is the Hawk Blue or Carbotech XP8 too track oriented to use on the street?? The other option would be the HP plus??

Cheers

isrboss

Established Member
Are you going to swap out street tires for a track or sticky street DOT? Do you late brake like a mad man? Do you need new pads, because factory pads need replaced? The reason I ask is the factory pads did fairly well for me doing what you're asking of a pad. The only thing I will recommend if you decide to use factory Boss pads is to add the brake cooling kit. I only had 1100 street driven miles on them, and 4 20 min. sessions and they are half gone. I am betting the heat is to blame. The factory pads are up to the task quick, have decent fade resistance(brake cooling kit will help this) and low dusting.

Did you flush your brake fluid with a good DOT 4? I would consider this a more positive change.

Splatter

Established Member
Hi, Am still using street tires but looking at getting another set of wheels for something more track oriented once i squirrel away more cash. The factory pads did not fade at all but lacked brake bit. Switched to Hawk hps but it was a bad move on my part, they where great until I hit the track, major fade after three laps. Have ordered the cooling kit and now wondering if I should go back to the OEM pfc pads or to the Hawk HP plus. Already put in the braided brake lines and ATE brake fluid. The car has 11,000km with about 500km on the track. The HPS pads only have two track days and 1000km.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Hello, any feedback on a pad that can get me to the track and back?? tried HPS and was not a patch on the OEM pads which I think are PFC. Is the Hawk Blue or Carbotech XP8 too track oriented to use on the street?? The other option would be the HP plus??

Cheers

HPS pads are not made for the track. However an HP+ going to just be 'ok' on the track but will be noisy on the street. Forget a Hawk Blue pad on the street. They will kill your rotors when cold and the brake dust is acidic which will destroy your wheels and paint when it gets wet and dries.

If you want a pad to drive street and track my recommendation would be a Ferodo DS 2500. End of story.

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

Splatter

Established Member
Thanks, any ideas for the rear??

Thanks for the tip, I am quoting a set of ferodo DS2500 right now, do they make pads for the rear as well?? Only seen front pads so far.

Cheers

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Thanks for the tip, I am quoting a set of ferodo DS2500 right now, do they make pads for the rear as well?? Only seen front pads so far.

Cheers

It depends on your driving skill level but the OEM rear pads will serve most people very well.

hkerekes

Established Member
Did you not read your last thread?

I have been to Mid Ohio with Carbotech XP8 pads. They didnt fade what so ever and I also run them on the street.

They dust very badly and make tons of noise which all race pads worth anything will do.

Splatter

Established Member
Sorry missed that. I ordered a set of PFc-Z for the street and will look at a set of Track pads when |I get my track tires. Thanks for all the help.

Was a big mistake for me to go to the HPS pads, not any where as good as the stock pads on the track.

cluscher

Established Member
Hawk ht-10s work real real well on track and have been very street friendly for me on my GT500.

straightliner1

Established Member
I run Hawk Blues on the track and currently have them on my car since I'm going to the track this coming weekend. I wanted time to bed them in fully before the 90 mile drive to the track (on DOT Hoosiers). I also had them on my former track car (91 Fox coupe).

It's been my experience the Hawk Blues will chew up rotors when cold and dust like a mo-fo. They brake like CRAZY when hot though! On street tires the brakes out perform the tires and ABS to an extent. I'm curious how the braking will be with the stickies and a clean track.

isrboss

Established Member
HPS pads are not made for the track. However an HP+ going to just be 'ok' on the track but will be noisy on the street. Forget a Hawk Blue pad on the street. They will kill your rotors when cold and the brake dust is acidic which will destroy your wheels and paint when it gets wet and dries.

If you want a pad to drive street and track my recommendation would be a Ferodo DS 2500. End of story.

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

ac427, Curious if you know how the oem Brembo ferodo's compare to the DS 2500 compound?

isrboss

Established Member
ferodo 4446 is what is on my Boss front pads. I just don't have a clue what that number translates into.

Splatter

Established Member
Hmm

your right, went and dug up my used pads. All the website I have read say the pads are PFZ,.... but its clear the OEM ones on the car were Ferodo... Even the PF site talks about making the OEM pads for the Boss... what gives?

Users who are viewing this thread