Hawk HT-10's Vs Carbotech XP-12's

nightstalker865

Established Member
What are everyones thoughts between the two? I have run the XP-12's and loved them, but alot of people tell me the hawks last longer and put less heat in the rotor.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
03SteedaGT said:
What are everyones thoughts between the two? I have run the XP-12's and loved them, but alot of people tell me the hawks last longer and put less heat in the rotor.

Ditto on the XP12s(Brembo caliper)....

I have only heard very good feed back on the hawks... with the possible exception of rotor wear.

I am also interested to see if folks have run both.... and how they compared...

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
I ran the carbotechs all last year coming over from the hawks ..... I will be buying the carbotechs again .... IMO .. better stopping ability than my hawks gave me ...carbotechs still have a ton of life in them after running RA, Putnam, Gingerman and Autobahn

Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
SnkBtn99 said:
I ran the carbotechs all last year coming over from the hawks ..... I will be buying the carbotechs again .... IMO .. better stopping ability than my hawks gave me ...carbotechs still have a ton of life in them after running RA, Putnam, Gingerman and Autobahn

Wait a minute?! :dw: You ran RA, Putnam, Gingerman and A-B on the same set of pads?! :eek:

JoeJ

Established Member
Guys,
I tried a set of carbotechs and they came apart on me. Hawks are too hard of rotors. You need to try PF 01 in the front and PF 90 in the rear. Most all my open track friends here in Texas have settled on PF pads. Both for open track, NASA, and SCCA races.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
JoeJ said:
Guys,
I tried a set of carbotechs and they came apart on me. Hawks are too hard of rotors. You need to try PF 01 in the front and PF 90 in the rear. Most all my open track friends here in Texas have settled on PF pads. Both for open track, NASA, and SCCA races.

That will be my next set... Way too many guys love em to ignore.

A little expensive but over all best bang for the buck...(or so I've heard) Nearly all the really fast guys(heavy cars) in Texas I have talked to swear by them.

When my Carbos are gone PF 01 and PF 90s here I come!!!:thumbsup:

Joe can you leave the 90s on for the street in the rear??? I hate changing those rears out:whine: :cryying: I run the Galphers up front on my original rotors for the street... Not that noisy at all... I like them.

JoeJ

Established Member
Yep, Galphers are great for the street. They actually work pretty good for the track also except they wear out too fast. The 90 are fine for the street. They are really friendly to the rotors and last a long time.

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Wait a minute?! :dw: You ran RA, Putnam, Gingerman and A-B on the same set of pads?! :eek:

You are supposed to brake ???? I knew I was doing something wrong ..... :burnout: :-D

Last edited:

oxfordman03

In Denial
Established Member
Driving style and whether or not you are running cooling ducts make a big difference in pad choice. I have cooling ducts and have run both Hawk blue and black pads (on an '03 Cobra). Did not build enough heat in either one and they came apart. The HP+ pads work perfectly for me. Get some Brake Temp Paint (sold everywhere) so you can determine your exact heat range (critical for any pad to work) then make your choice.

Users who are viewing this thread