hcm carbon chin spoiler

Nightmare90gt

Established Member
with the price of the oem chin spoiler being so high...

Is this a good alternative to the oem one?

How would it hold up to driving and does anyone have one that can tell about the quality/fitment and how its held up to driving around on the street?

Stage 4.6

Established Member
Its a very nice piece, ive had mine for over a year it fits good and looks amazing, just not as flexible as the OE which is obvious due to the CF material. My car is pretty low up front so i really CRINGE.. when i go up my drive way have to be really careful. Mine has a few battle scars at the very bottom but really cant be seen unless you get under the car.
My wife purchased mine for my b-day according to her they took very long for delivery.
PICS;
CF spoiler (2) (Medium).jpg

Carbon lip spoiler 3 (Small).jpg

02JoeGhost

Boost it hard
Established Member
Its a very nice piece, ive had mine for over a year it fits good and looks amazing, just not as flexible as the OE which is obvious due to the CF material. My car is pretty low up front so i really CRINGE.. when i go up my drive way have to be really careful. Mine has a few battle scars at the very bottom but really cant be seen unless you get under the car.
My wife purchased mine for my b-day according to her they took very long for delivery.
PICS;View attachment 1467742
View attachment 1467741
That looks pretty good. I am going to start producing carbon fiber parts and thought about doing a chin spoiler for my car. Do you have any pics from when you installed it?

Nightmare90gt

Established Member
PICS;View attachment 1467742
View attachment 1467741

Looks awesome man. Glad to hear it's holding up to be on a low car.

Stage 4.6

Established Member
That looks pretty good. I am going to start producing carbon fiber parts and thought about doing a chin spoiler for my car. Do you have any pics from when you installed it?
These are is all i have before the install, pretty straight forward all the holes aligned pretty good. I did use different hardware slightly bigger nuts, bolts, and washers to make it seal better against the bumper cover.

Looks awesome man. Glad to hear it's holding up to be on a low car.

Thank you! something i didn't mention is that the CF lip is slightly wider than the OEM lip which "i personally" really like because it makes it more noticeable. I didn't realize it until i went to roll the car off my homemade ramps and gave it the first scrape :mad: didn't clear my ramps and I f@#$ it up pretty bad. Had to take it off and realign everything. I have race ramps now and it wont clear those either!
Other than that its really not that bad on the street, just typical things you expect when driving a lowered car, mine has long tubes as well so its always a PIA on speed bumps and steep driveways :(

20161230_144249 (Medium).jpg

Carbon lip spoiler 2 (Medium).jpg

Last edited:

03terminatorcobra

Established Member
mine has been massacred over the years from shitty roads and was thinking the same thing.
ive seen a few guys sand the oem ones in stages from 100 grit to 1500-2k with decent results.

Stage 4.6

Established Member
Ive herd some people clear coat them as well, cause they tend to fade, we have some pretty hot summers here and so far mine is holding up to the weather. I plan on getting my front and rear bumper touched up possibly this summer, that's when ill probably redo my CF lip spoiler as well.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Well, I know what the next purchase for my coupe is going to be :D!! Probably order a set of CF fog light bezels to boot!!!

Thanks for posting this guys!!!

You CF chin spoiler looks killer Will!!!

2004cobra615

sssvtsnake
Established Member
Well, I know what the next purchase for my coupe is going to be :D!! Probably order a set of CF fog light bezels to boot!!!

Carbon driven makes those fog light bezels as well. He started his business through svtp. I have heard much better things about him than hcm. But I understand the CF chin spoiler is sweet and he is only one that makes it.... If I order more CF parts I will be getting from carbon driven not hcm. Bad reviews on hcm based off of their customer service.
Joe

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Carbon driven makes those fog light bezels as well. He started his business through svtp. I have heard much better things about him than hcm. But I understand the CF chin spoiler is sweet and he is only one that makes it.... If I order more CF parts I will be getting from carbon driven not hcm. Bad reviews on hcm based off of their customer service.
Joe

Thanks for the heads up. HCM says their CF fog light bezels are on back order. So, I will probably get them from Carbon Driven. However, as you mention, HCM is the only one making a CF Chin Spoiler. I've been looking for a chin spoiler replacement for years. Factory was always WAY too expensive and there was no way in he!! I was going to install a Mach 1 chin spoiler.

Thanks again!!!

I just checked and Carbon Driven CF fog light bezels are $70 cheaper too.............

Last edited:

2004cobra615

sssvtsnake
Established Member
Thanks for the heads up. HCM says their CF fog light bezels are on back order. So, I will probably get them from Carbon Driven. However, as you mention, HCM is the only one making a CF Chin Spoiler. I've been looking for a chin spoiler replacement for years. Factory was always WAY too expensive and there was no way in he!! I was going to install a Mach 1 chin spoiler.

Thanks again!!!
I think the CF looks better than factory anyway and it's cheaper. Lol

CF looks good when used right.
Screenshot_2017-02-14-22-18-54.jpg

Stage 4.6

Established Member

Thanks Glenn! now i have to send you back my die cast so you can add the CF chin spoiler ;)

Stage 4.6

Established Member
What other items are you planning on making? I was actually thinking about purchasing the CF side splitters from Carbon Driven but they are on a serious back order!

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
How many people woukd be interested in a carbon chin spoiler? I have supplies being shipped to me now to start making carbon parts. There are a few cobra items I planned to tackle and a chin spoiler was one of them.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Larger than stock please.

02JoeGhost

Boost it hard
Established Member
What other items are you planning on making? I was actually thinking about purchasing the CF side splitters from Carbon Driven but they are on a serious back order!

Planned small items to start. Making stuff like this isn't a speedy process. I planned to make my own hood down the road and other items. A major project I want to tackle is carbon cobra Mirrors.I want to do bullit side scoops on my car and planned to make those out of carbon as well. I havnt seen the side splitters from carbon driven. I'm sure they wouldn't be a tough item to make. Anything I make will be a few months out since my OCD wont let me rush items. I work in composites for a living and finally decided to so some side work with it.

Users who are viewing this thread