Head Porter??

Newbomb Turk

Established Member
I'm in the market for having my heads ported for a N/A setup. I want good reliable, quality, service to work with my Cobra Jet & Stage 3 cam setup, also have long tubes & catless x-pipe. Also running an automatic & 5-C converter. I will consider a used setup or if anyone has a good set of cores. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks, John :beer:

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
I had (Rich) RGR do mine (13GT Heads) to a stage 2 for a NA setup, budget around $4,000 for the work by him. Others are and will sell you on cheaper setups and if they sell you on porting the Boss heads for NA.... Well LOL @ them for suggesting that. As for the reasons you will need to talk to Rich as I'm not giving away any of his hard earned & valuable knowledge.

http://www.jpcracing.com/coyotergr-jpc-cnc-stage-2-cylinder-heads/

Our heads (GT & Boss) require someone who knows what they are doing to them, so be careful who you choose to follow this path with.

dannydr44

Established Member
Just because other shops are not as expensive as RGR, doesn’t mean their quality of work or attention to detail isn’t as good. You have plenty of options for CNC/port packages from other reputable shops like i.e. Livernois, L&M engines, MPR, etc. Personally, since your in PA, I would check out L&M engines and ask for Michael. I’ve seen their CNC/port work first hand in person and it’s amazing. He’s also very knowledgeable in cam set ups and offers custom grinds. Anyway, do some research and go with what you feel is right. Either way, you’re going to have to pay to play. :D

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
Its not about expense. Its about their track record, how they take care of you when THEY mess up or you have questions after the sale. http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...ost-does-it-takes-to-build-a-1000-RWHP/page16 I always wanted to go with L&M but after seeing a few stories of late both on here and a guy local to me I cant recommend them, my dollars are far too precious to chance a shop messing me over. < In both cases the people have spent $$$$, WAY more than a few $x,xxx too.

If your serious about your goals with the cash to spend call RGR or JPC and inquire to the proven results Rich has gotten out of the coyotes (They wont and cant disclose "many" details of grudge cars of course), I am confident not many others have achieved what he and JPC has. I only post to try to help prevent headaches and regret with going to the "wrong" shop. :)

dannydr44

Established Member
I respect JPC and RGR and yes, you can find horror stories from any builder and/or shop. My point is that their are other options. It's not my money to spend and I'm only suggesting to look into other options, before making a decision.

Livernois Motorsports

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Just because other shops are not as expensive as RGR, doesn’t mean their quality of work or attention to detail isn’t as good. You have plenty of options for CNC/port packages from other reputable shops like i.e. Livernois, L&M engines, MPR, etc. Personally, since your in PA, I would check out L&M engines and ask for Michael. I’ve seen their CNC/port work first hand in person and it’s amazing. He’s also very knowledgeable in cam set ups and offers custom grinds. Anyway, do some research and go with what you feel is right. Either way, you’re going to have to pay to play. :D

Honestly great post, just an FYI we do all of our work in house, we have dedicated CNC machines and do ALL of our maching right here. We have done testing on the engine dyno all the way down to our chassis dyno. I put our heads up against anyone in the market. As far as taking care of you after the sale we cant afford not to take care of the customer period. We are here for you.

Click the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InZMLXKCKKM this is a car we did years ago. It went tens first time out. Eventually went 10 o's on 20 inch drag radials and 9's driving it to the track with slicks. The complete combo included CNC heads, Engine machining, assembly, tuning, and all engine design was done here all the way down to coating the pistons in house. We also have a spring kit available that works killer.

Give us a call we will do all we can to get the build right. Best thing to do is talk to call an talk to one of our guys an get a scope of work.

Good luck with the build

LME

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread