header help!!!

ryanjoseph227

Established Member
ok so im trying to find a set of headers that will work with my bassani off road x pipe...i heard jba shorties would would but my problem is i dont know which headers will work with an automatic??? :shrug:can anyone please help....any suggestions? thanks in advance

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I know this has been covered a few times over on M1R...personally I dont think Id go through the hastle of a header install for anything less than long tubes though

ryanjoseph227

Established Member
Ok so I found out jba will work just fine and I have a bassani x pipe...but if u guys are saying waste of money...what would you guys do? And go long tube for sure? I have to order a set tomorrow...so any help would be great...thanks guys

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
why do you HAVE to order something? If youre going to do something Id go longtubes, just depends on what you want out of it because there are better gains per dollar out there

ryanjoseph227

Established Member
For them to be here by the weekend... my motor is basically pulled down right now...I took the heads off to do cams ...and I'm already here so might as well do headers...but I didn't wanna have to switch my midpipe....I love the way the bassani x sounds ...I have stage II comp cams...c&l cold air kit ...85mm maf...dual 62mm throttle body..steeda pulleys....lowered...dyno'd and tuned...I was told jba are good and I wouldn't have to switch nething...and id get between 15 and 20 hp

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
if its out and you can get a good deal on em it wont hurt anything. If youre sold on keeping the midpipe thats about the only option you have

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
yup, and jba's are a waste of money, and the bassani mid lenths arnt worth the money. i have mac, if i had to do them again id go with slp or kooks.

+1. I used to have the midlengths ...never again.

And Mac FTW. ...a chance to vidwhore you say?

[youtube_browser]BjV54WI_uIs[/youtube_browser]

4a7191a

Established Member
ive got the mac's re-coated and they still look great. what i hate is when i had a clutch change, the kooks and slp's allow the trans to be dropped w/o header r&r, as the mac's dont. ive got the prochamber to a bassani cb and its freaking awesome sounding. the cams really make it stand out too.

ryanjoseph227

Established Member
Seriously thanks for all the responses...now I'm thinkin I might just go long tub...but which ones will fit an automatic? Some won't..they say manual trans only?

clc44

Established Member
If money isn't an issue, get American racing headers or kooks. If money is an issue, MAC or bbk ceramic coated. Call lethal performance, they can tell you which ones will work for an auto, plus they sell all brands.

Last edited:

clc44

Established Member
If I had to pic, I would go MAC. BBK's are nice to, with the ceramic coating that is. I've never heard of the other brand.

Users who are viewing this thread