Headers long tube ,best type

Paratrooper

Established Member
Have a 17 Gt pp cat-back X-pipes Corsa sport exhaust , love the sound but don't want drone. Thanks

calebdnehus

Established Member
Kooks 1 3/4 is what I have and have read in many places that fit and finish on kooks is the best. I havent got them on yet, but i doubt they will drone. I have literally the exact same car and setup as you

Paratrooper

Established Member
I just got my appointment with the tasca mode shop with kooks and green cats , thanks .

Paratrooper

Established Member
Caleb, Thanks for your response. I don't have to pass inspection but every two years. I just don't have the patience to remember to switch from the off road to cats , time and scheduled appointments come so fast.

Paratrooper

Established Member
Same car awesome, what color is yours and why did you pick the Corsa exhaust . Just curious.

calebdnehus

Established Member
Mine is lightning blue. And since you do have emissions tests then I would probably do like you and go with some sort of high flow cat as well. Good ol Arkansas doesnt make you test so I didnt have to worry about it lol. I went the corsa sport because I wanted something with some bite but I DID NOT want drone at all and corsa basically has a no drone guarantee so I tested it and I can say its true. I would have gone with the xtreme but I figure the sport with off road headers will be plenty loud and if its not then I'll just trade someone my sports for their xtremes if they want

calebdnehus

Established Member
Be prepared, longtubes with no resonators and the corsa will be loud to say the least
How loud do you think the corsa sport catback and kook offroad long tubes would be? I can do loud as long as its not drone-y. If that makes sense. I had a magnaflow street catback with MBRP offroad longtubes on my 16 auto and it was loud/sounded great but droned in 6th and I hated it. Also slp muffler deletes on that car and took those off due to drone after about 3 months. Both setups sounded good until you hit 6th going about 45-65 or so

Paratrooper

Established Member

Zemedici

Established Member
How loud do you think the corsa sport catback and kook offroad long tubes would be? I can do loud as long as its not drone-y. If that makes sense. I had a magnaflow street catback with MBRP offroad longtubes on my 16 auto and it was loud/sounded great but droned in 6th and I hated it. Also slp muffler deletes on that car and took those off due to drone after about 3 months. Both setups sounded good until you hit 6th going about 45-65 or so

From my experience corsa has virtually no drone so it'd be good. I'd rock it!

calebdnehus

Established Member
From my experience corsa has virtually no drone so it'd be good. I'd rock it!

Heck yeah! I'm dying to get it all installed. Got the headers and supercharger equipment sitting my buddies shop right now, been waiting for him to get an open spot inside for car to sit while we work on it. Hoping to go in next week if all lines up correctly! :D

Zemedici

Established Member
Heck yeah! I'm dying to get it all installed. Got the headers and supercharger equipment sitting my buddies shop right now, been waiting for him to get an open spot inside for car to sit while we work on it. Hoping to go in next week if all lines up correctly! :D

right on! Let us know how it goes! :D

calebdnehus

Established Member
So the blower and longtubes are on the car. Everything is perfect! Got it back last night and I love it. Its a bit of a sleeper, you cant hear any super whine because the longtubes and corsa sports make for a gloriously loud noise at WOT. Just need to dial it in now, she pulls like a freight train though. Couldnt be any better

Users who are viewing this thread