Heading for a dyno tune next week, what do I need to do?

MACHCT

Established Member
Hey guys, finally getting a good tune on the car after installing the wideband and reading 12.4-12.6 on WOT. My brother and I are both getting tuned the same day, basically same setups. Pulley/intake/exhaust terminators. What do you guys do to get ready for a dyno tune? I have never done it and really don't want to drive over 2 hours one way and have something not go right.

Thanks guys!

Last edited:

bigmoose

Established Member
Just make sure everything is running well without issue. Do you have any MAF or fuel pump mods? It's possible you could peg the MAF or fuel pump if they are stock. It varies from car to car.

MACHCT

Established Member
I have stock fuel pump and maf, no BAP either. I am hoping the car doesn't need either. It has been tuned for this same setup before but I am not comfortable with that tune!

evolve

Established Member
Spark plugs, fluids, and gas. No leaks and you should be good to go. I found a pre dyno checklist that is summed up by that^. Good luck!

ctgreddy

Established Member
Put fresh tr6's in gapped at .030-.032. Get a good tank of 93, make sure all fluids are topped off(oil/coolant/supercharger, etc). That should be all. You shouldn't need any mafia or bap at that level but every car is different.

ctgreddy

Established Member
Oh, check that your intercooler pump works too!

good idea! If you dont know how to do that, there's a relay in front of your passenger side strut tower. Pull the relay, get some wire and jump terminals 87 and 30, it'll be the two outside pins(one on right side one on left). Then take the cap off the reservoir and look to make sure there's a nice stream pouring into the tank.

MACHCT

Established Member
Just checked the I/c pump last week and it has fresh tr6s last October about 1000 miles ago and they are gapped correctly. I would assume they are new enough to not change?

nrmustang

Established Member
What size pulley? I've seen some guys need at least a MAFia or MAF. Bap's not a bad idea depending on your pulley size. Otherwise, your plugs are good. I'd just change that fuel filter.

03slaminator

Established Member
My tuner told me to have brand new plugs in it. I'm sure plugs at 1k miles wouldn't be any different though.

MACHCT, if your 100 percent unsure about having your car ready, then just give your tuner a call. If he won't take the time to sit down and talk to you on the phone and answer all your questions then I'd find a different tuner. Just give him a call. I'm sure he won't mind telling you what all you need to do to have your car ready for the dyno.

Users who are viewing this thread