Heard this setup?

03dsgcobranc

Fujiwara zone
Established Member
i think the steeda catback is the same as MAC???? maybe i'm wrong but thats what i've heard from more than one person

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
I just swtiched to the steeda "quiet" borla's with my lt's and o/r x. I think they sound pretty damn good. I am not running tails though because I had the bassani catback and it was rubbing my tires and my gas tank.

They are nice becuase at idle and cruise they are just loud enough to hear, but no drone and not loud in the car. They get pretty nast WOT. They act alot like magnaflows, just with a much better note.

Jefe

Established Member
Links? Dont see any in the soundboard

Fireguy615

Mom! The Meatloaf!
Established Member
If the Steeda mufflers are the straight-thru type, then I will warn you of mixing a straight-thru muffler with an MRT catted H. They Blat. Harley blat. 1974 Harley Easyrider blat. Unless thats your thing, of course. I speak from experience.

X-pipes tend to do better with the straight-thru mufflers. MRT H-pipes like chambered mufflers better, i.e Flowmaster or Mac.

Exhaust is a personal preference, but if you mix an H with a straight-thru, once you get 50% throttle and above you may as well cruise main street Sturgis. I failed that experiment once already. It will get you alot of "unwanted" attention and sound like ass.

But maybe the quieter Steedas will sound OK, but i'm hedging my bet that a Maggie catted X will sound a million times better.

Users who are viewing this thread