Heat Exchanger Musings (and what not)

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
If I get a moment today, I'll go out and take a short video of the coolant circulating through the reservoir. It's like a hot tub. That should give you guys a good idea as what to look for when it's working properly.

VegasMichael

Established Member
Thanks for sharing all the info and how to install.. Vegas Michael please keep us updated .

I shall. UPS tracking states the pump should arrive next Thursday,

If I get a moment today, I'll go out and take a short video of the coolant circulating through the reservoir. It's like a hot tub. That should give you guys a good idea as what to look for when it's working properly.

My reservoir is as flat as gelatin. Just a few tiny vibration ripples from the fans and engine.

VegasMichael

Established Member
I GOT SWIRL, BABY! YES!!!!!

The replacement pump came a day early, yesterday. Thanks to VMP Tuning for extremely fast shipping. They were quick with my AFCO heat exchanger as well.

So last night I ripped open the box and decided to plug it in. Just to make sure it worked before I installed it. I put the jumper harness in place and plugged in the connector and that pump starting humming and vibrating like something one buys at an adult gift store.

Anyway, I just finished the install not 10 minutes ago. I put in the jumper harness(actually just a paperclip I bent to fit) and I heard the pump kick in, the fans kick in, but no swirl.

What the...????

So I pinched some hoses here and there to get things started, thinking there was a little air block. No luck. Then I got out the plunger, fit it over the intercooler reservoir opening, plunged it downward a few times and BAM! Everything started flowing and swirling just like it was supposed to. But to be on the safe side, I turned on the car, removed the paperclip(MaGUYverrrrr), and put in the fuse. After the car was warm enough the fans and pump kicked in and the oh so sweet swirl of victory got busy in the reservoir.

All that's left is to replace the bumper.

Wow! That was some journey. But I learned a lot about the car along the way. And that, to me, made it all worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread