Heat exchanger question

Vicious805cobra

Established Member
What's up guys, I was heading out to lunch a few minutes ago when I noticed my IAts where shooting. Long story short one of the heat exchangers hoses had a hole and caused my coolant to leak out. I'm thinking about running straight purified water just to get home, my home is a 15m drive down the highway. Would this hurt my kb, h/e etc?
Thanks

cbr repsol

Established Member
just run distilled water and youll be fine. Fix the hose then get proper coolant to refill.

Just stay out of boost till fixed.

Vicious805cobra

Established Member
just run distilled water and youll be fine. Fix the hose then get proper coolant to refill.

Just stay out of boost till fixed.

The thing is I'm actually at work, and the reservoir is completly empty when I got back from my lunch break. Would the purified water work out though?

20redfire03

Established Member
Just dont get into boost and it should be fine. I drove my car for about 20 miles after I found my heat exchanger was hit by a rock causing all the anitfreeze to spray out and it was fine.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
You'll be perfectly fine. I drove mine 50 minutes back from the track one night without the i/c pump working when it had a 2.3 Whipple on it. At cruising speeds.

Like all the other smart members above said just take it easy.

Users who are viewing this thread