Heat Exchanger without Tune?

orangesvtbb

Established Member
xzf33e7y

Said I would post a pic when I had a chance so here it is. Only mods are Michelin Super Sport Tires and 15% tint :-D

I want to save up for a TVS and not even bother buying pulley/tune yet. I wanted to start with a heat exchanger and thermo/cooling mods but it sounds like you need a tune to get the fans to kick in at correct temps? Would buying those be pointless or harmful without a tune?

I know these engines are pretty much bulletproof, but I have a phobia of wanting to keep the warranty for a bit at least until I get some miles on the car to see if anything does actually break and then mod the piss out of it.

Thanks

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
I still can't see your picture. You don't need a tune for a heat exchanger. Your stock HE doesnt have any fans so adding fans will not be an issue.

Van@RevanRacing

xzf33e7y

Said I would post a pic when I had a chance so here it is. Only mods are Michelin Super Sport Tires and 15% tint :-D

I want to save up for a TVS and not even bother buying pulley/tune yet. I wanted to start with a heat exchanger and thermo/cooling mods but it sounds like you need a tune to get the fans to kick in at correct temps? Would buying those be pointless or harmful without a tune?

I know these engines are pretty much bulletproof, but I have a phobia of wanting to keep the warranty for a bit at least until I get some miles on the car to see if anything does actually break and then mod the piss out of it.

Thanks

Yes it has been done before. I've got them in stock and available to ship. Give me a call for special package pricing which includes a TSTAT, Reservoir and the heat exchanger.

Thanks

Van

E.Marquez

Established Member
Tune can control the radiator fans, but that is different from the aftermarket fans on the H/E.

Popular set up for the H/E fans is to tie in the relay trigger to the IC water pump power wire.

That ensures your H/E fans are running when needed, and it also means they are running when not needed...... A manual switch can be installed, or a temp sensor can be installed.

E.Marquez

Established Member
Yes it has been done before. I've got them in stock and available to ship. Give me a call for special package pricing which includes a TSTAT, Reservoir and the heat exchanger.

Thanks

Van

This is a great option, as all three items work together....

Love mine so far :beer:

And Van is an outstanding vendor to deal with.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
The fans will turn on when the intercooler pump turns on, so there is a benefit even on a stock PCM. A tune can lower the temperatures that both come on, but it will still be a benefit without lowering those temperatures.

orangesvtbb

Established Member
Cool thanks for all the info guys! That sucks about the pics. I will see if I can host them somewhere when I get home from work.

Thanks Van - Based off everyone's high opinion of you and me reading these forums, you were the first one I was going to call :) I need to get some money put together first though haha

Van@RevanRacing

Cool thanks for all the info guys! That sucks about the pics. I will see if I can host them somewhere when I get home from work.

Thanks Van - Based off everyone's high opinion of you and me reading these forums, you were the first one I was going to call :) I need to get some money put together first though haha

I look forward to speaking with you in the future! Thank you!

orangesvtbb

Established Member
Well crap never mind. I was trying to get dropbox to work. Thanks for letting me know and sorry for the trouble.

Users who are viewing this thread