Heat Soak Explanation and why to consider a Revan Racing Dual Fan Heat Exchanger

91z28350

Established Member
I can honestly tell you I've had multiple customers with bone stock cars tell me that the car feels like when you first start it in the morning all day long. It manages the air charge temp efficiently and consistently.

Quoted for Truth! That is absolutely what it does, and it does it well!

Van@RevanRacing

A tune is not required for a heat exchanger however some tune changes should be made for a Tstat but a lot of guys run cooler tstats without tune changes.

martinm

I have a related question.

I too am concerned with all that generated heat under the hood, but more from a residual heat standpoint when the car is just turned off and parked on a summer day. I always feel that all of that trapped heat will degrade some of the components, especially the plastics and rubber products.

My idea is to set an external room fan (on a 60 minute timer) in front of the grill after I park the vehicle in the garage. I know that this is not as good as an internal fan and water circulator, but maybe better than nothing.

Anyone have any feelings about this?

Van@RevanRacing

I have a related question.

I too am concerned with all that generated heat under the hood, but more from a residual heat standpoint when the car is just turned off and parked on a summer day. I always feel that all of that trapped heat will degrade some of the components, especially the plastics and rubber products.

My idea is to set an external room fan (on a 60 minute timer) in front of the grill after I park the vehicle in the garage. I know that this is not as good as an internal fan and water circulator, but maybe better than nothing.

Anyone have any feelings about this?

That will just speed the cooling down process along but the convective heat from the engine is going to be released regardless. If you're that concerned with degradation of plastics etc. in the engine bay simply raising the hood for 60 to 90 minutes could have the same effect as placing a fan in front of the car and won't cost any money for the fan and/or electricity.

llvllanifest

Established Member
I hope I'm not asking a question that has already been answered, but are these products ( he/radiator )
made for the03/04 cobra, I read the entire thread and I don't believe I seen this asked.
Texas weather is killing my cars performance due to heatsoak

CodyK7

Uh Ohhh
Established Member
How big of a pain is the wiring on this? Is it a plug and play deal or do things have to be cut? I think that's what scares me away from doing this and the bap

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
There is a how-to here for the heat exchanger. I think there are other threads with first-time installers too that didn't have any issues. In addition, if you have any problems, you can give him a call or post up on the forum:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?760333-Revan-Racing-Cooling-Mod

I'm in FL as well and with the heat, I installed his radiator too. I ordered the '13 radiator fan which will complete my cooling system.

It's well worth the time to do it.

Last edited:

CodyK7

Uh Ohhh
Established Member
I may try to pump myself up for it. Lol. I need to do the he with fans, and throttle body and bap. I'm wondering if I can get by without a bap and run the tb. I need to talk to Bj at some point. I need to wait a bit to buy anything else so my wife doesn't kill me lol.

HISSNTEL

Not so new
Established Member
I've had Van's HE in my GT500 for several months now and extremely happy with it. Wiring is not difficult at all, if you have ever wired up a car stereo then this will be just as simple. Install is straight forward, if your intercooler pump isn't aligned just right just spray WD40 around the "band" and move it to where it doesn't hit when mounting it. Very simple process that just requires a little time. Excellent quality and a gotta have when adding HP.

Van@RevanRacing

Sometimes it's good to bring back the past so those that don't know can get a better grasp of why the dual fan heat exchanger even exists in the first place. You're welcome AFCO and STEEDA.

Users who are viewing this thread