Heated Seats?

Willie

Established Member
Ever an option? I know 2007 - 2008 they were not, optional on all Mustangs except. How about 2009 - 2014?

I'll be adding factory heat as my body, especially my back, is giving out and I love having them in my semi-daily driver ute. I went out datalogging yesterday evening and all I could think about is having them and wished I could magically turn them on.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I wonder if the wiring is already there. I remember the Mustang premium gt had them as an option. I assume the gt500 did not get them because the factory alternator was not up to the task.

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
No heated seats on early GT500's...even the '11&'12. You could get it on the Mustang GT' as option but not the GT500's til my13’

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I wonder if the wiring is already there. I remember the Mustang premium gt had them as an option. I assume the gt500 did not get them because the factory alternator was not up to the task.

The 12V feed wire is not in the connector for the passenger P/Seat option on a 2007-2009 GT500. The 12V can be pulled from the right kick panel harness and extended to the under side of the passenger seat, but it is not there for the GT500.

From that point it requires the items show below to put a passenger P/Seat in a 2007-2009 GT500.........

................and if you want it to be plug-n-play and look like Ford put it there, the harness below can be "pieced out" to add the wire in the factory floor connector with the 12V feed from the kick panel, soldered and heat shrunk and all under black tape with the factory under carpet floor harness.......

I am guessing the 2007-2009 GT500 did not get a passenger P/Seat option because of weight and cost......

R

Willie

Established Member
I received the center console temp control panel with seat buttons today. Looking over the schematic, I was semi-shocked to see these are off / on only, no way to select heat level. Frankly, I did not know anyone who made such a cheap system. My wife's 2004 T-Bird at least has a low and high setting. As I look into this further, I'll figure out how to make it variable, or at least a multiple choice option. My ute (Holden) has a low, medium, and high settings.

Does anyone have experience with these one heat level Ford systems? Is it Off and High, Off and Medium, etc....

Willie

Willie

Established Member
So this design has one heat setting. I do not know what this setting is. Is it too hot? Or maybe not warm enough? I'm not going to put this system in only to be disappointed with it, so I'm going with the design (and parts) from my ute, which has three heat settings. I just acquired the schematics for it and the only challenging part now is the actual switch. I assume the Ford switch is off/on, whereas the Holden switch has four positions per switch. More research is required to know if modifying the Ford switch is even a possibility.

Willie

XP900

Established Member
If you're going to that much trouble I would look at the Ford escape buttons and wiring setup and seeing if it's control parts can be used with the Mustang heating element. It at least has a variable temp control that works really well.

HKusp

Established Member
My 2003 Superduty has heated seats and they are on/off, work very well and were hot enough. They time out after 20 minutes or so. My 2000 Expy had an always on and they stayed on until you manually turned them off or the ignition was turned off.

Willie

Established Member
The primary objective on my car from the very beginning of ownership was to never do anything I cannot return to original. As non-original as heated seats are in this model, I'd like to stick with the buttons that came in an S197. In fact, I already have the correct control panel.

Since I have to source everything else, the sky's the limit on what to get. My wife's 2004 T-bird has heated seats, but they have only two heat positions, low and high. Low works well for me about half the time, but high is too intense. My ute has three positions and I use both the low or medium 90 percent of the time, even in the summer. When my back isn't well, medium works very nicely. So I really want to stay away from a one heat system.

Willie

Users who are viewing this thread