Heel-and-Toeing in a '95 R

mancharley

Established Member
What have owners done to make heel-and-toeing easier on a '95R? I'm considering finding another pedal assembly in a junkyard and modifying the brake pedal location to bring it down closer to the accelerator pedal. But perhaps some of you road racers have already dealt with this, and I'd rather not reinvent the wheel. What so you all?

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
What have owners done to make heel-and-toeing easier on a '95R? I'm considering finding another pedal assembly in a junkyard and modifying the brake pedal location to bring it down closer to the accelerator pedal. But perhaps some of you road racers have already dealt with this, and I'd rather not reinvent the wheel. What so you all?

I'm not real familiar with what the exact pedal configuration is on the 1995 R but if it's anything like the 2000 R, it's horrible. I made an adjustable bracket for the cable at the throttle body. It's worked out REAL slick. I can put the gas pedal in any position I desire. I also put pedal covers on the pedals and cheated the brake and gas pedals closer when I put the covers on. Here's a pic of the adjustable throttle cable bracket:

AdjustableThrottle.JPG

and the pedal covers:

Gauges.JPG

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

Ruslow

Established Member
The throttle bracket is totally different.And no real way to make adjustable except by cresent wrench.look a maximum motorsports they offer abrake pedal that is adjustable.but I think it has to be converted to manual brakes.[which I did] that way you can have better access to v/c and plugs on the left side.If you do go that way upgrade the front calipers to the 99 and up cobra[ bolt on] and you will have better feel and pedal effort is not much more.Stan

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member

Exactly what is done to my car. The pedals are too far apart to heel and toe properly from the factory. I also added pedal covers and moved them closer with those as well.

Tom

wheelhopper

Established Member
I fixed this in my '03 by carefully and slowly grabbing the gas pedal arm with my hands and bending it up and overt towards the brake pedal. Worked perfectly. The arm is simply stamped metal and isn't that hard to bend. Just go easy and slow. I didn't do it in my R cause I don't track it. Surprisingly the best Mustang I had for pedal placement was my '90 GT. All I had to do for that was install pedal covers.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Most aftermarket vendors carry some sort of version. You can also search ebay. I found some that had cobra on them which was kinda cool.

Tom

LPIR

Established Member

To add one more idea, I unbolted my gas pedal where it mounts to the firewall and installed 2 bushings (~1/2") between the firewall and gas pedal mount bracket. This moved the pedal closer (the cable pulling on the top of the pedal is what really moved the pedal the most).
My gas pedal is now even with the brake pedal when I have the brake pedal pushed down.

I also installed an "L" shaped gas pedal cover that helped.

Users who are viewing this thread