Hellcat---Buying / Ordering Debacle!!!!!

Mombo

Established Member
What a total nightmare if you want to buy or order a Hellcat :mj:
My friend wants to buy one and the last week has been a mess.

He went to a few dealers and they were all 20K over MSRP
Most dealers are sold out and the one's that do have them are holding out.

Went on the SRT forums and now i see why, Dodge underestimated the demand.
Orders placed from 7/14 thru 9/14 still have not been picked up yet and no word on when they will.

I went on true car and one of my quotes back...Get Ready For This...$123,540.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Went on auto trader and most were marked up 20K+ or listed at MSRP but when you call 20K+ Over MSRP

Even worse then when the 2013 GT500 came out and 5K-10K over was the norm but could still get MSRP
Here are the few on ebay right now and they all want 10K+ over, The GT350 / 350R is going to be the same:mj:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=hellcat&_sop=3
Dodge-Challenger-Hellcat-live-7.jpg

Last edited:

oldmodman

Established Member
Maybe Dodge will just keep on building them until they are just sitting on the lots, unsold.

Just like what happened with the 04 Cobra. Toward the end of the model run the car actually had rebates.

I think a Manufacturer is crazy to not build enough of a car that is in demand. If the actual selling price is at list, or 50K over the factory doesn't get a higher price. The dealer does.

Mombo

Established Member
Little Guy

Supply and demand.

I hear you on that but it still pisses me off that a car you think you can afford now you can't
My 2014 GT500 was ordered at MSRP and to my specs even when other dealers were charging over.

This time around no matter were you call even 2000 miles away they are all holding over MSRP
Then even if you could find one at MSRP you have to ship it and hope for the best when it arrives.

I like to buy my car from a local dealer and keep going back year after year for my next one.
This makes the whole experience better and you feel good instead of like you got ripped off.

But the people who have the money will spend it the way they want so good luck getting one for sticker price.
My Shelby is the car i really wanted for a long time and im happy i didn't have to deal with this buying/ordering mess.
IPHONE 1754.JPGIPHONE 1755.JPGIPHONE 1756.JPGIPHONE 2277.JPG

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Remember those threads that people were saying dealers wouldn't charge ADM because Dodge wouldn't give them allocations?

Then, remember when I said that wouldn't matter?

10splaya22

Established Member
If people will pay the markup how can you get mad at the dealers. Especially if they only get limited amounts in. If I was selling my car and could sell it for 10k over KBB value I definitely would.

Same thing with terminators, people ask over KBB all the time due to the rarity. Don't see how this is any different.

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
I'm not surprised. I've owned a SRT product before. The car was great, but anytime I had to deal with the dealerships or SRT it was a complete cluster****.

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Cmon bro, its a Hellcat.
All bow down.
The hype will die down sooner than later.

Speedboosted

Established Member
Same thing with terminators, people ask over KBB all the time due to the rarity. Don't see how this is any different.

It's not, it's literally the same thing but almost everyone on here justifies it because it's a Termi brah

dom418

Established Member
If people will pay the markup how can you get mad at the dealers. Especially if they only get limited amounts in. If I was selling my car and could sell it for 10k over KBB value I definitely would.

Yep. Ford has been bending us over for years so why not mopar join in? Apparently that crowd is even more foolish than the ADM that were being paid from 07-14 Shelbys. Wait until the 350 is released, the cycle will start all over.

Mombo

Established Member
$100,000 Plus Tax

Well here is auto trader and they have a lot of Hellcats for a lot of money.
$96,370 with a MSRP of $66,370 makes a nice round 30K over and $100,000 Plus after taxes.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...Types=new&makeCode1=DODGE&minPrice=60000&mmt=[DODGE[CHALLENGER[CHALLENGER|SRT+Hellcat]][]]&modelCode1=CHALLENGER&searchRadius=0&showcaseOwnerId=94396&startYear=2013&vehicleStyleCodes=COUPE&Log=0&showcaseOwnerId=94396&captureSearch=true&fromSIP=5AD79F0F813D7B1C367D285CA6863F18&showToolbar=true&Log=0

xenodragon

Established Member
The dealer I was talking to, was only trying to charge me $5k over MSRP. I am confident that if I pushed hard enough and gave them a nonrefundable deposit I could have gotten it at MSRP.

xenodragon

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread