Hellcat dyno numbers

Derek@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Someone stated in Pics and Vids that a 6 speed version came into their shop and laid down 65x rwhp. They make a lot of power, but I don't think 60rwhp will offset the 500 lbs the Challenger has on the Shelby, from a roll on the street at least. The auto at the track will be hard to beat. I wouldn't get too caught up in it.

carguy19

Established Member
They also say it ran the hottest of any car on the K&N dyno ever.

I can already picture an overheating car or a car with blown headgaskets at the local drag strip because of someone hot lapping it.

Also, people are going to have a hard time letting the car make the 707 hp if the car keeps pulling timing and going into the safety zone of the tune because the car is a hot fat pig. LOL

As I've said from the start. This car will be no match for our 2013-14 Shelby cars.

707 hp or not, its still an ugly dodge. And it sounds to me that they put a ton of power into the car and forgot to research how to make the car run cool and safe... Typical dodge fashion.

Mombo

Established Member
DYNO #'s

:read:

2013 GT500 Put Down 583HP And 590TQ

2015 Hellcat Put Down 635HP And 591TQ

Same K&N Dyno 2 Years Between Runs.

Torque +1 / Horse Power +52 / Weight +600 Pounds

2013 / 2014 GT500 Still Going To Be Very Hard To Beat.

Both Good Cars. Will Come Down To Driver Mod And Traction.

Like They Say "On Any Sunday." Good Times To Be A Car Guy...:-D

Last edited:

carguy19

Established Member
:read:

2013 GT500 Put Down 583HP @ 590TQ

2015 Hellcat Put Down 635HP @ 591TQ

Same K&N Dyno 2 Years Between Runs.

Torque +1 / Horse Power +52 / Weight +600 Pounds

2013 / 2014 GT500 Still Going To Be Very Hard To Beat.

Both Good Cars Will Come Down To Driver Mod And Traction.

Like They Say On Any Sunday. Good Times To Be A Car Guy...:-D

The car is not going to run fast compared to a GT500 unless it has ice bags and cools off for 2 hours after driving to the track or people make some cooling mods.

The driver mod will be important only when the car is cool. When the cars are run hot, john force can drive the hellcat, but if its pulling timing and boost because its hot, its not going to run fast at all.

Softballer77

Established Member
The car is not going to run fast compared to a GT500 unless it has ice bags and cools off for 2 hours after driving to the track or people make some cooling mods.

The driver mod will be important only when the car is cool. When the cars are run hot, john force can drive the hellcat, but if its pulling timing and boost because its hot, its not going to run fast at all.

Some people out torqued that particular car with their own Shelby, stock. Mine torqued at 600 stock just down the road, same time of year.

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
One of the things I think we keep forgetting, and something Tob mentioned in one of his posts, is that the Hellcat was rated 707 hp on 91 octane. If some of the threads I've seen of people wondering about power numbers with 91 octane are any indication, I'm wondering if a stock Hellcat on 93 octane isn't closer to 740 hp. 93 octane + 8 speed auto = hurt feelings for a lot of other car owners.
Dude in the other thread said the car dynod at 650 something but was heat soaked. The owner of the shop estimated some 670 rwhp.
If that's the case 670 * 1.1 = 737! Not bad if we assume 10% loss.

Softballer77

Established Member
One of the things I think we keep forgetting, and something Tob mentioned in one of his posts, is that the Hellcat was rated 707 hp on 91 octane. If some of the threads I've seen of people wondering about power numbers with 91 octane are any indication, I'm wondering if a stock Hellcat on 93 octane isn't closer to 740 hp. 93 octane + 8 speed auto = hurt feelings for a lot of other car owners.
Dude in the other thread said the car dynod at 650 something but was heat soaked. The owner of the shop estimated some 670 rwhp.
If that's the case 670 * 1.1 = 737! Not bad if we assume 10% loss.

Was ours rated on 91 or 93?

My 600lb torque was on 91 octane, off the showroom floor stock...96 degree heat.

No doubt though, that rwhp on an auto is mighty impressive.

I don't think just a 10% loss on that Camaro is accurate imo. But, why in the world would they dyno a Hellcat against that thing is beyond me.

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member
i'm not sure .5 seconds and 9mph in the 1/4 would be considered trouble keeping pace. I'd say that qualifies as a solid smoking. I mean that'd be at least 5 car lengths...or pretty much forever in a 1/4 mile.

Ray Lucca

Established Member
The Shelby was Dyno'd on 91 Octane at K/N, HC also???, I'm guessing it was... GT 500 started with the the Press event in Atlanta, driven non-stop to Arizona, top speed tested in AZ, then driven to K/N in Riverside Ca, it wasn't a ringer... HC needed 5 fans running to get it cool enough to make a good run, HMM. Thought we had heat soak... Assuming Auto 5th gear on the HC is 1/1, right??? Good HC numbers. Looks like Van's 13-2-13-6 kit will level the playing field.....

Last edited:

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
i'm not sure .5 seconds and 9mph in the 1/4 would be considered trouble keeping pace. I'd say that qualifies as a solid smoking. I mean that'd be at least 5 car lengths...or pretty much forever in a 1/4 mile.

You didn't read the article. The quoted times are what the road-test editor achieved separately. They ran them at the track head-to-head and they were "neck and neck".

04nccobra

Established Member
You didn't read the article. The quoted times are what the road-test editor achieved separately. They ran them at the track head-to-head and they were "neck and neck".
''

Please tell me you don't actually believe that the Hellcat automatic will only be capable of running 12:30s like the average M6 ZL1. It's already run low 11:40s completely stock.

carguy19

Established Member
So what is the actual reading of the temp gauge.. 230? 270?

Leave it to dodge to put a crazy horsepower motor in their challenger to compete with ford....

then totally disregard cooling the car down to get the car to market quickly. I had to LOL :D

paluka21

Established Member
Perhaps I'm wrong, but for this run, I didn't see any of the fans mentioned to cool the car off. If there is no air circulating to the radiator/front of the car, that could explain it heating up under WOT.
Although the factory "dumby gauge" might be just that.

On a side note, that car sounds really good on that dyno, IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread