HELLCAT nearly gets worked by a Dodge Dakota

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
Those Hellcats pull like a train after they get up to speed.

Nice truck, bet he fools a few people.

E

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Pretty silly to list the truck's power numbers when stock...

Pretty fast truck though.

UBNZO6D

Life-long Hot Rodder
Established Member
I doubt the Hellcat is totally stock...At our shit track in Socal thery run 118 to 120.

Greg

Jefe

Established Member
I doubt the Hellcat is totally stock...At our shit track in Socal thery run 118 to 120.
Greg
It says DRs but Ive seen plenty of bone stock cars run low 11s in the upper 120s. Ive even seen a stock summer tire car run a 10.7.

UBNZO6D

Life-long Hot Rodder
Established Member
A couple things Zemdic, the Georgia hillbilly was a compliment first of all...I would n ot count any times @ Cecil or MD speedway as they not in touch with reality...Have those cars go back in the heat of summer and see what they run...I have no issues with ET as it's mostly tires and track prep but the MPH denotes the power it's making...If the hillbilly wants to call Socal drivers shit drivers, that will have to be OK...What I'm telling you is that STOCK Hellcats at Fontana run 118, 119, & 120 MPH all day long...I've been doing this for 50 years and that is my experience whether you like it or not...Bring any 4600 lb pigs to Socal and you will find the same...Plug in the cars weight @ Wallace
and here is what you get;

Wallace Racing - ET/MPH/HP CalculatorWeight is as the car sits on the line: driver and gas in it.
The answers below will be for at sea level and standard pressure/temperature.
(no weather correction).
Calculate ET and MPH from HP and Weight
Weight HP

Your ET / MPH computed from your vehicle weight of 4850 pounds and HP of 707 is 11.07 seconds and MPH of 122.11 MPH.

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
A couple things Zemdic, the Georgia hillbilly was a compliment first of all...I would n ot count any times @ Cecil or MD speedway as they not in touch with reality...Have those cars go back in the heat of summer and see what they run...I have no issues with ET as it's mostly tires and track prep but the MPH denotes the power it's making...If the hillbilly wants to call Socal drivers shit drivers, that will have to be OK...What I'm telling you is that STOCK Hellcats at Fontana run 118, 119, & 120 MPH all day long...I've been doing this for 50 years and that is my experience whether you like it or not...Bring any 4600 lb pigs to Socal and you will find the same...Plug in the cars weight @ Wallace

Wallace Racing - ET/MPH/HP CalculatorWeight is as the car sits on the line: driver and gas in it.
(no weather correction).
Weight HP

Your ET / MPH computed from your vehicle weight of 4850 pounds and HP of 707 is 11.07 seconds and MPH of 122.11 MPH.

For reference.

My 2016 A8 Hellcat is stock except for 3.09 gears with 555R drag radials.
I have never taken it to the track.

The other night I went out on an old, unprepped farm road with No burnout and ran this. As you can see it was 78 degrees out and I was running with a full tank of gas.

I made my best run with stock gears and 555R drag radials on those same roads:
zt0c.jpg

Now if I am running this on unprepped old farm roads, I would hope you could do better on a prepped track.

Just saying.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
For reference.

My 2016 A8 Hellcat is stock except for 3.09 gears with 555R drag radials.
I have never taken it to the track.

The other night I went out on an old, unprepped farm road with No burnout and ran this. As you can see it was 78 degrees out and I was running with a full tank of gas.

I made my best run with stock gears and 555R drag radials on those same roads:
zt0c.jpg

Now if I am running this on unprepped old farm roads, I would hope you could do better on a prepped track.

Just saying.

What is the air like where you are at?

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
It has been pretty humid (NW Ohio), I believe it was around 70% the other night, if that is what you are asking.

Partly. What about temps and DA, typically? Like, do you get mine shaft air, or is it like living in colorado where its thin?

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
Partly. What about temps and DA, typically? Like, do you get mine shaft air, or is it like living in colorado where its thin?

I have only been to Colorado once.
I stayed a week in Colorado Springs and the air there seamed a lot thinner.

Zemedici

Established Member

(no weather correction).
Weight HP

Whoooole lotta drivel to just say 'Shit track'

And I love the 'don't count this track or that track, and don't count winter times, and don't count this and don't count that'

The cars run what they run. 125-130 stock. It is not our problem you want to race in some of the harshest conditions available, according to you.

Users who are viewing this thread