Hellion turbo on a 93

green 02 grizzl

Established Member
I know a few have asked for pics and asked a few questions,but didnt want to hi-jack threads. So I thought I would start a thread.

Heres a few pics.

Looks like I don't know how to post pics.:shrug:

Last edited:

green 02 grizzl

Established Member
Thanks for the comments on the clean engine bay.

Tuner is having trouble with tuning it not sure on the power yet.
so far at 3500rpm= 310 horse and 450 torque.

03BlownSnake

SVT Tech
Established Member
Any tips on installing the intercooler? The brackets provided and the install position kinda sucks I think. Its the only problem I have found with this kit. Atleast I wish it was lower so it would get more air
Any help would be great... Im currently installing my kit

Big Ben

stangsofsouthflorida.com
Established Member
Wow! I had a 91 Vert with another turbo kit and just loved the sound and power of the turbo. Was tempted to put the kit on my 93 Cobra but "thought" I wanted to maintain the originality. So much for that, let's see what the future holds...

green 02 grizzl

Established Member
For the inter cooler, I lowered it but buying a piece of aluminum stock at tractor supply and fabricated my own. It was not hard at all just watch the powersteering cooler line on the driver side. I think I got pics on laptop, but not near it now. If i have them ill post tomorrow.

green 02 grizzl

Established Member
03BlownSnake said:
Any tips on installing the intercooler? The brackets provided and the install position kinda sucks I think. Its the only problem I have found with this kit. Atleast I wish it was lower so it would get more air
Any help would be great... Im currently installing my kit

Heres a pic.

03BlownSnake

SVT Tech
Established Member
thanks, I went to Home Depot and made my own brackets too. Its sits pretty much like yours is.

On a side note: I started my car today with the turbo installed, but with a twist...
After the turbo down pipe, I left the rest of the exhaust off.. OMG.. my car sounds like a top fuel dragster but not like any other car with the exhaust cut off before the cats, I mean it sounded good and with a nice cam lope!!! lol...And I could still hear the turbo spooling and blow off hiss... WOW!!!

I made a video of it with my sorry as camara phone, I'll try to post it tomorrow

90mustang306

Dead Crawlin
Established Member
03BlownSnake said:
thanks, I went to Home Depot and made my own brackets too. Its sits pretty much like yours is.

On a side note: I started my car today with the turbo installed, but with a twist...
After the turbo down pipe, I left the rest of the exhaust off.. OMG.. my car sounds like a top fuel dragster but not like any other car with the exhaust cut off before the cats, I mean it sounded good and with a nice cam lope!!! lol...And I could still hear the turbo spooling and blow off hiss... WOW!!!

I made a video of it with my sorry as camara phone, I'll try to post it tomorrow

what cam are you using?

Users who are viewing this thread