Hellion twin install help?

badbiach

"Frame Twistin!"
Established Member
Hey guys, wondering if any of you that have done it could help me with this. I must have turned my back when my "help" removed these wires. I think I know that the two to the right and the one in the middle all go together and are bolted to timing chain cover. But do you see the one that my middle finger is holding? What is that? Where does it go? Thanks for the help guys!
Hellionwires.jpg

Screamin363

Established Member
Motor mount strap shaped like that? Doesn't sound right. Look at the shape of the connection. It has a strange shape.

CPRsm

The right two are grounds that go on the core support together. I think the left is ground that goes to the stud on the timing cover.

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
Motor mount strap shaped like that? Doesn't sound right. Look at the shape of the connection. It has a strange shape.

No the motor mount ground is shaped like that. It cups around the stud nut then another nut tightens down on the flat side. It could be the one on the timing cover. The ground on my 2011 is a flat circle not like that. Either way that is a heavy ground. The size if the wire is pretty big. Nothing that I've ever seem that big for the timing cover that's why I assumed it was the motor mount ground. But his is a 2013 so who knows what they've changed.

badbiach

"Frame Twistin!"
Established Member
The right two are grounds that go on the core support together. I think the left is ground that goes to the stud on the timing cover.
The right two that the bolt is sticking through and the one in the middle go to the timing cover per the instructions. It's the one in my middle finger, the funny looking one that I cannot figure out. :shrug: Steve @ BBR? Any techs out in the shop know what is laying on my middle finger?:shrug: Slamdcoop, this wire by my middle finger is in the front of the motor in all the ECU, PCM wiring. My broken ground strap was way down by the starter/motor mount area.

Last edited:

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
I grounded all 4 wires to one of the PCM bracket bolts on the frame. I have the tsb for the ac, so the spot they have you use for the ground on my car is being occupied by an idler pulley.

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
The right two that the bolt is sticking through and the one in the middle go to the timing cover per the instructions. It's the one in my middle finger, the funny looking one that I cannot figure out. :shrug: Steve @ BBR? Any techs out in the shop know what is laying on my middle finger?:shrug:

Geez who helped you? It seems you've had more problems with your "helper" then the kit lol

badbiach

"Frame Twistin!"
Established Member
Geez who helped you? It seems you've had more problems with your "helper" then the kit lol
Yes, he just tore through shit when I wasn't looking. I planned on him helping me go back together, but after I found the big broken ground strap, didn't invite him back over. Ok, so does everyone agree that all of these wires are ground wires? Do I just make sure they are all grounded to something? I am pretty sure that the only hot wire is the one that I removed out of the fuse box, and it is accounted for!

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
Yes, he just tore through shit when I wasn't looking. I planned on him helping me go back together, but after I found the big broken ground strap, didn't invite him back over. Ok, so does everyone agree that all of these wires are ground wires? Do I just make sure they are all grounded to something? I am pretty sure that the only hot wire is the one that I removed out of the fuse box, and it is accounted for!

Yeah the wire is black so I'm assuming its a ground and it looks like a ground. Does it just feed into a harness somewhere? Yeah the only power wire is the longer fuse box wire that they supply. Every other wire are just grounds.

D.T.R

Established Member
Those definitely look like grounds. Try tracing them to see where they're going.

badbiach

"Frame Twistin!"
Established Member
Looks like I found what it is. Seems to be going over to the outside of the fuse box. In the instructions, it said..."remove ground from fuse box". And sure enough, the instructions state pretty clearly to "reground (4) previously removed ground wires....." The picture has that same weird looking connector. Figured it out.

Last edited:

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
Looks like I found what it is. Seems to be going over to the outside of the fuse box. In the instructions, it said..."remove ground from fuse box". The picture has that same weird looking connector. Does this sound right?

Yeah that could be it but does that give you 4 grounds total? Like the instructions say?

Users who are viewing this thread