Help: Car brand loyalist and Car fanatics stories

Redmustang47

Mustang Obsessed
Established Member
Hey guys, I'm doing so research for an advertising class at The University of Alabama, about brand loyalty and car fanatics in the car industry. So with that said I need help from the SVTP family. Any of you who are car fanatics or brand loyalist please share your stories. What caused you to become a loyalist to a specific brand, or why are you a car fanatic towards a certain car. Share your stories please. I would really appreciate your help. Thanks in advance guys.

Last edited:

AznStanger3v

King of the LOL
Established Member
I became a loyalist to the Mustang by accident. I was 8 when the SN95 body style came out and I remember my mom buying an Opal Frost V6 brand new when they came out. My dad hung pictures of the 64 1/2 and the 94 bodies all over my room, so everywhere I looked I saw Mustang stuff. Eventually I just wanted to have only a Mustang.

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
I became a loyalist to the Mustang by accident. I was 8 when the SN95 body style came out and I remember my mom buying an Opal Frost V6 brand new when they came out. My dad hung pictures of the 64 1/2 and the 94 bodies all over my room, so everywhere I looked I saw Mustang stuff. Eventually I just wanted to have only a Mustang.

Where's the accident?

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
Let me start with this, i love my Mustang however no auto brand gets blind loyalty from me. I will compare every single car, they car company didnt do anything to get my loyalty. All they did was make some money which is in their best interest. Money is tight for everyone right now, which is why people are comparing cars harder than ever, you choose the right vehicle and deal...not the right brand.

97StangSVT

Established Member
Well I have owned a Mustang every year (except one year) since I was 17 (27 now). The year that I didn't own a Mustang, I had a 02 Explorer. I have owned 3 Mustangs total (97 GT, 97 Cobra, 04 Cobra). I have a 00 Focus as my daily driver. I have been loyal to the Ford brand because I have always had good luck with the reliability. I just have performed routine maintenance on the vehicles and they lasted a long time. I traded in the 97 GT with around 120k miles and sold the 97 Cobra with around 173k miles. I really like the brand message of SVT, especially when John Coletti was in charge. The vehicles were for enthusiasts built by enthusiasts. I have always liked the styling and looks of Mustangs since I was a little kid, but my favorite Mustang looks wise is the 03-04 Cobra. I was just out of high school when the 03 Cobra came out and hoped to own one someday.

Hope this helps!

jfsram

Established Member
I grew up around musclecars of the sixties. MOPARS was the musclecar to have.
This lead me to own every Dart, Road Runner, Charger, Super Bee that was made. Then I also had my daily drivers and the idea of sharing parts between the cars appealed to me so my drivers were small block versions of the other cars like 318 Charger or 4 door Darts etc. Then I thought it would be cool to have the same brand tow vehicles so they were either big Chryslers or Dodge Rams.

Fast forward to the 80's when Mopar did not offer any performane V8's. They were heavy into the turbo 4 scene. I introduced myself to Ford so I could stay in the V8 rear wheel drive game.

So I'm more of a layout loyalist now than a brand loyalist. If you want a rear drive minivan, Dodge or Ford does not offer, you must buy a GM Astrovan, just as an example.
Sometimes YOUR brand does not sell what you want.

cbr repsol

Established Member
As a kid i remember my grandfather (raised by him) Would take me with him to always buy a new car every two years. We would always buy fords The ones i remember were the 80's ford crown victorias. I remember going on long car rides to las vegas when kids were more welcome (arcades to baby sit kids...lol) We never broke down and the car was reliable...sadly the last one he purchased was a 95 crown vic...he had it till he passed away. I really wanted that car but my grandmother sold it to my sister and she trashed it which really upsets me. My grandfather had bought many fords even before that. I remember the stories and pictures of the cars that he had back in the day. Galaxies,50's victorias,fairlanes ect.Even would tell me his father had a model t that he drove when he was 9 years old. I remember him talking about 390's and 428s....i bet he really had some fun with those. At 17 i bought a 69 mercury cougar that i restored but i had to sell it once i had my first daughter a few years ago. That car will always be in my memories not for just owning it but my gf would also help me with many thing that i did to it but when his health got really bad he would still sit in the garage in a recliner talking to me and watching me. At 21 i bought my first new car...it was a 03 mach 1. I wanted the cobra and was approved for it . The dealship wouldnt let me test drive it even though i was ready to sign,maybe cause i was really young. I dont buy cars i cant take for a test drive so i bought the mach 1. I sold it 3 years later and bought my 04 mystichrome cobra. It has by far been my fav car out of all the cars i have owned...I will always buy fords and cant really see myself in any other car...they may not be crown vics but i got my heritage from my gf and thats where im staying. I will also pass the same things onto my 2 daughters once they get old enough.

Last edited:

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
Being loyal to a name is stupid. I've only owned GM cars, but I am not at all loyal to them. Actually, I can't stand GM. Great vehicles... Horrible service.

nast97

Gear Banger
Established Member
Ive had a 92 lx coupe, 97 procharged gt, pullied 04 cobra, whippled 04 cobra, turbo 04 cobra, kb 03 cobra, and now a 03 Z06. Of course I've had other daily cars but only one gm performance car. The 03/04 cobra still is one of my favorite cars. I really do like the vette though. I like anything that is fast period. I did have a 04 Colorado that was a piece of shit though. Something like that leaves a bad taste in ur mouth. But I like all cars. Well maybe except for mopars lol

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
I don't think you'll find to many brand "loyalists" per say on this forum. Most of the posters on here are simply car enthusiasts. It just so happens, they all liked the Mustang at one time or another.

You'd have much better luck on gmfullsize.com or fullsizechevy.com. Just be prepared for the ignorance that goes along with the loyalty.

crankin

Established Member
im a ford loyalist because i was raised by a ford loyalist. I grew up idolizing old school muscle mustangs and growing up it was all fords. Now that im 24 have a real job and its my choice what i get, ford is the only american vehicle i will own. Its my opinion that dodge is and has been a step below ford and GM as far as quality so theyre out. Being a tax payer i cant even consider a GM, which sucks because otherwise i would be in a cts-v. the imports i would own are limited to the M's, AMG's, GTR and exotics that i cant afford right now.

MARK C

Established Member
Well, my love for fast Mustangs came from, my first "REAL" job, a parts driver at a Ford dealer (worked at dealerships ever since, I'm 44 now). It was 1986. A few months went bye and the "new" 1987 fox bodys came out. Man did I love them. Wanted one real bad.Of course didn't any credit. Pleaded with mom to co sign. She did, (she's not with us any longer) Thanks mom!! MISS YOU, think about you ALL the time. When I took that 1987, red LX 5.0 5speed for my first spin, WOW, never been in a fast car like that before, let alone being the driver! Thats how it all started! Since then had a 1993 LX 5.0 white feature car vert. Now I have a 1995 Procharged Cobra with 73,000 on the clock. Funny, as someone else has said, when I worked for a Chry/Jeep dealer, people would ask me why I have a Mustang? I would say the same thing, (at the time) Chry/Dodge did NOT make a RWD V-8 car, thats why! :rockon:

M3xpress

Established Member
First off let me say Roll Tide lol.

Second, my immediate family isn't brand loyal, but we've had many different Fords and BMWs and have always seemed to have good experiences with those companies.

Now my Aunt, Uncle, cousins, etc. have never been brand loyal, but lately they've kind of gone that way. They all have new Nissan SUVs and trucks. I don't know what made them go that route exactly, they just say they like what Nissan offers. All of them have a different model of Nissan and they're all in black. Nissan mafia lol.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread