HELP!! codes I have right now.. alot of them!!

svteric

IMPORT KILLER!!!
Established Member
1. P0103- mass or volume air circuit high input.
2. p1100- mass air flow sensor circuit intermittent
3. p1121- throttle position sensor "A" inconsistent with MAF/MAP see p0068
4. p1383- cam timing over-retarded
Also both oxygen sensors are out! talk about alot of codes. My supercharger as a blown seal which is going to cost me 369.00 which is not bad, so there is oil covering my air filter and MAF. I just noticed that my coolant tank was over flowing from the resorvoir.. what does this mean?

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
1. P0103- mass or volume air circuit high input.
2. p1100- mass air flow sensor circuit intermittent
3. p1121- throttle position sensor "A" inconsistent with MAF/MAP see p0068
4. p1383- cam timing over-retarded
Also both oxygen sensors are out! talk about alot of codes. My supercharger as a blown seal which is going to cost me 369.00 which is not bad, so there is oil covering my air filter and MAF. I just noticed that my coolant tank was over flowing from the resorvoir.. what does this mean?

If you're dumping coolant out of the reservoir then you either have a bad reservoir cap, You're overheating badly or you have a bad headgasket and it's pressurizing the cooling system.

How much coolant is coming out and where exactly?

Primaris

Established Member
P0103 - Mass Air Flow (MAF) Circuit High Input The MAF sensor circuit is monitored by the PCM for high air flow (or voltage) input through the comprehensive component monitor (CCM). If during key ON engine OFF or key ON engine running the air flow (or voltage) changes above a maximum calibrated limit, the test fails. MAF sensor screen is blocked
MAF circuit shorted to VPWR
Damaged MAF sensor
Damaged PCM
A MAF V PID (MAF PID) reading less than 4.6 volts (Refer to equivalent grams/second chart in GO to Pinpoint Test DC ) in continuous memory or key ON and engine running indicates a hard fault.

P1100 - Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor Intermittent The MAF sensor circuit is monitored by the PCM for sudden voltage (or air flow) input change through the comprehensive component monitor (CCM). If during the last 40 warm-up cycles in key ON engine running the PCM detects a voltage (or air flow) change beyond the minimum or maximum calibrated limit, a continuous memory diagnostic trouble code (DTC) is stored. Poor continuity through the MAF sensor connectors
Poor continuity through the MAF sensor harness
Intermittent open or short inside the MAF sensor.
While accessing the MAF V PID on the scan tool, lightly tap on the MAF sensor or wiggle the MAF sensor connector and harness. If the MAF V PID suddenly changes below 0.23 volt or above 4.60 volts, an intermittent fault is indicated.

P1121 - Throttle Position (TP) Sensor Inconsistent with MAF Sensor The PCM monitors a vehicle operation rationality check by comparing sensed throttle position to mass air flow readings. If during key ON engine running self-test the comparison of the TP sensor and MAF sensor readings are not consistent with calibrated load values, the test fails and a diagnostic trouble code is stored in continuous memory. Air leak between MAF sensor and throttle body
TP sensor not seated properly
Damaged TP sensor
Damaged MAF sensor
Drive vehicle and exercise throttle and TP sensor in all gears. A TP PID (TP V PID) less than 4.82 % (0.24 volt) with a LOAD PID greater than 55% or a TP V PID greater than 49.05% (2.44 volts) with a LOAD PID less than 30% indicates a hard fault.

P1383 - Variable Cam Timing Over-retarded (Bank 1) The comprehensive component monitor (CCM) monitors the VCT position for over-retarded camshaft timing. The test fails when the camshaft timing exceeds a maximum calibrated value or remains in an retarded position. Cam timing improperly set
Continuous oil flow to the VCT piston chamber
VCT solenoid valve stuck open
Camshaft advance mechanism binding (VCT unit)
DTC P1383 is a check of the VCT unit. Testing should not include electrical checks. Engine will idle rough, hard starting and may stall. Diagnostics and repair for the VCT unit are located in the Workshop Manual.

Users who are viewing this thread