*** Help, curious about what to charge for Cobra drivetrain

yellowS281

Established Member
Hey guys! Going to sell my complete drivetrain out of my 04 cobra, curious to know what the board thinks it is worth.

2004 all stock, never had a aftermarket tune or pulley.
45,000 miles
Still In car and running flawlessly
Comes complete, supercharger to oil pan
Comes with trans clutch etc as well.

Last edited:

oldmodman

Established Member
Fully complete with everything you already listed, plus the wiring harness and all electronics to run it you should not have any problem getting $5500.00

Maybe even more depending on where you are located.

Way back in 2005 I paid $4400.00 for just the complete engine, no trans. But there are a lot more cars that have been crashed and parted out today. When I got mine there were only a few crashed. That is because nobody had got one used for less than sticker.
Owners of brand new cars are just more careful and didn't crash as much.

blk02edge

Established Member
5500 sounds way low to me, maybe rock bottom price for engine/trans

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
yeah last i looked that georgia scrapyard who does alot of mustang stuff gets about 10k for a terminator drivetrain, no sure if that includes irs tho.

but if it's still in the car and running you could sure get alot more if you just sell the whole car!

yellowS281

Established Member
Thanks for the wisdom guys, ya I am keeping the car though, I am picking up a far superior complete drivetrain from a buddy of mine, so I was kinda scoping out what to ask for mine. I see them going on eBay for 10k. Last time I picked up just a bare cobra long block a couple years back I paid like 3700 if I remember right.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I say use ebay as your go by. I also think it depends on what you're including (i.e. ECU, harnesses, radiator, intercooloer/pump, drive shaft, fuel tank, fuel pumps, etc.). However, I agree with most that depending on what you include between 7500 to 10K is fair market value.

joker21705

Established Member
I'd say around $9,000 especially if it's sold as a drop in easy swap for someone buying having the harness computer etc and they can see that it's actually runs which is huge.

65fastback289

Established Member
if its just the complete engine and trans, ~7500-8k.
if you include everything to complete the swap (cluster, cpu, wiring, fuel tank, heat exchanger, etc) its would be around 10k.
higher the mileage, the price drops a little but not much.
45k miles is pretty good though, especially since its never been pullied/tuned. i wouldnt take anything less than the 7.5k.

Users who are viewing this thread