Help: Deciding on buying used or new golf cart.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Hmmm, that is a tough choice. I am a member at one of the local courses so I get the carts for free, and the other course I just rent it. After figuring in maintenance costs etc, it was cheaper that way. I had looked in to buying and I just couldn't justify the cost at all.

That being said, if you are going around to different courses and aren't a member at any of them, I guess that would make buying a little more appealing.

Let us know what you end up doing. I have always been curious about how long those batteries actually last.
I'm a member at my local 18 hole course. Carts don't come with membership. It's either spend 30 bucks a round or lease one for 770 a year. It makes sense for me to buy one.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Do they have sheds to keep them in or you must trailer it back and forth?
Our local club has sheds, you actually buy your shed and then there is a monthly charge for electricity.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Do they have sheds to keep them in or you must trailer it back and forth?
Our local club has sheds, you actually buy your shed and then there is a monthly charge for electricity.
They have sheds. I have stall already because I used my father in-laws last year.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
UPDATE:
Well guys I decided to buy from a local upholstery place that buys used carts and sells them. It's a 2010 ez go rxv. I had custom seats added with the cobra emblem added for a custom touch. Along with a matching cooler and a black roof.
What you guys think?
IMAG1724_zpszz9vjkng.jpg

IMAG1725_zpsldtr9fty.jpg

IMAG1727_zpsdne07wsk.jpg

IMAG1728_zpsnuspifd8.jpg

IMAG1729_zpsek6iwltw.jpg

IMAG1730_zpslgkxk1np.jpg

IMAG1731_zpsb5emnpkv.jpg

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Do you use Cobra clubs too? My brother loves his King Cobras. Im about to dump my Callaways for a set, or try the new Taylor Mades.
Nice cart.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Do you use Cobra clubs too? My brother loves his King Cobras. Im about to dump my Callaways for a set, or try the new Taylor Mades.
Nice cart.
Yes I do! So at least most golfers will think the emblem is the golf brand cobra.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Looks good. Those seats would probably be fine in Minnesota, they would burn your ass much further South haha

coposrv

Established Member
Am I the only one who's never heard of a club letting people do this? I 99% of the time walk when I play but this is interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Am I the only one who's never heard of a club letting people do this? I 99% of the time walk when I play but this is interesting.

A lot of private clubs make you have your own.

My grandparents have matching AC Cobra golf carts. A red/white and a white/blue.

Like this one:

e779c81faf97d7de881100897a231308.jpg

coposrv

Established Member
wierd. The handful of private clubs near me that I get to play only let carts out late afternoon and require caddys before 12.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
wierd. The handful of private clubs near me that I get to play only let carts out late afternoon and require caddys before 12.

True East coast style. In the Midwest/West Coast, a lot of private clubs require carts to keep the play moving.

coposrv

Established Member
True East coast style. In the Midwest/West Coast, a lot of private clubs require carts to keep the play moving.

Definitely. I used to travel a ton for work all over the us and always took notice of many differences. Another realization that the us is made up of about 5-6 completely different regions when it comes to certain things.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Definitely. I used to travel a ton for work all over the us and always took notice of many differences. Another realization that the us is made up of about 5-6 completely different regions when it comes to certain things.

Yes, yes it is haha

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member

You can cart or walk on majority of the courses around here.

Users who are viewing this thread