Help ECU Swap

woomaster

Established Member
I put a new brain box in my cobra, now the car will not start. The trouble codes on the dash LED is "A139 PCM ID does not match between Instrument Cluster and PCM" and "D147 SCP Invalid or missing data for vehicle security"

Anyone know anything about maybe initializing a new computer, the car turns over just fine but will not fire.

jason

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
I guess you didn't search these forums for info before you tried it :dw:

your PATS (anti-theft) is preventing it from starting because the PCM is no longer "married" to the instrument cluster

Ford dealer or some locksmiths can take care of you (with a NGS tool)

other alternative is to have a tuner disable the PATS, which would let you easily swap PCM's back and forth

Last edited:

03DOHC

Established Member
woomaster said:
.....I guess I'm SOL for trying to marry them myself eh?
Yes you are. LOL. If you know someone they can clone the new PCM so your old and new PCM will work in your car. You can try like JB said to see if a locksmith w/a NGS can fix you up. Best if you know someone that works at a dealer though.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
FYI: disabling PATS will kill your remote keyless entry system also

69redmach1

Established Member
JB said:
FYI: disabling PATS will kill your remote keyless entry system also

We did a swap on a 2000 GT the other day, cooked the computer. I disabled the PATS, it started right up and the keyless entry still worked fine.

Burnt Rice

Established Member
I would not try to do it your self,there is a quick solution to your problem, take it to your tuner or to ford. At ford you are looking at about a hour labor $ (?) on the labor rate at the dealer. I can be done quickly with a NGS or the WDS and if you were to disable it it would not effect the keyless enter...there is also a board you can make to have your pcm think it has a code at all times. if you look for it hard enough you will find it.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
69redmach1 said:
We did a swap on a 2000 GT the other day, cooked the computer. I disabled the PATS, it started right up and the keyless entry still worked fine.

Burnt Rice said:
.....and if you were to disable it it would not effect the keyless enter.....

YEP, looks like I had inaccurate info...

sorry guys! :bash:

Users who are viewing this thread