help fast

JGS107

Established Member
well i got home today and at idle my truck started puttering real bad...it has never done this before and i have no idea what is wrong with it.my mods are 2.8 upper,#5 lower,volant intake,catless exhaust with flowmasters,boost bypass, and a diablo dyno tune.its tuned around 11.8:1 and 19 degrees of timing...it was a really hot day.well lastnight i ran my best time ever at 12.78.found out my intake is restricting a lot of air.i took it off and it made a world of difference but now i am thinking it has messed my tune up and my timing is off.i dont have a wideband so i cant tell you what my air fuel is at right now.is there anything i can do with my predator to troubleshoot this problem...i really dont want my motor to blow up.please help me

jason

JGS107

Established Member
it doesnt feel like its out of gas...my exhaust makes a putter noise at idle.the truck runs fine while moving it seems but as soon as i stop it makes this rumble

JGS107

Established Member
ill go try and get some gas real quick and see if thats it...im hoping so.thnaks larry for your quick help.thanks a lot

Cichlids

I8ASRT10
Established Member
If it is the gas the they are liable for all repairs. It has happend to me and they had to pay for all of the labour and cost fixing it.

JGS107

Established Member
my problem is i ran it at the track lastnight...if the gas was bad then it really messed things up.im thinking that i didnt have a winter tune and it dropped temperatures to about 68 degress out that my air fuel is off.it is idling a little higher than normal and my exhaust is puttering.when i drive it.the truck is fine even when i get onn it.its not til its sitting and idling that it does it

JGS107

Established Member
LIGHTNING LARRY said:
When was your last fuel filter change?
Should be changed every 6-8,000 miles.

never changed my fuel filter...didnt know it had to be done that regularly

SVTFREEK

- GOT BOOST? -
Established Member
Make sure you cheack all hose, like the one going to the under side of the intake boot, I beleive if those come loose it can cause an idle problem like that.

Maybe coils and plugs :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread