Help Finding 13/14 OEM TMPS Sensors

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
I've tried all the big name online dealers, and all 5 I emailed came back with "backordered, no ETA". Has anyone bought a set recently, or know a vendor? DR3Z-1A189-A is the part number.

For those that couldn't find them, did you find another comparable set? I'd like to keep the metal stem. At this point, I might just put in a high pressure clamp on valve stem until Ford starts producing them again. I have 4 brand new tires waiting to be mounted, and a road trip coming up.

For those running without TPMS, how often does the car do its warning chime? Is it once, you hit the reset button, and then the yellow idiot light stays on, or does it keep chiming?

Thanks in advance!

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
Unobtanium at the moment.
I just confirmed online via live with sales rep and purchesed 4 myself just a few minutes ago. They said they had 8 in stock.......4 now......better hurry @ShelbyGT5HUN :).

Order #19........ Placed on Jul 07, 2023 Status New

Processing items​

ItemPart #QuantityAmountETA
TPMS SensorDR3Z-1A189-A4$253.08
Subtotal
$253.08
Shipping (Standard)
$17.87
Handling
$6.33
Tax
$15.18
Total
$286.13

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
Unobtanium at the moment.
I often wonder how much longer it will be before parts are unobtainable as we are forced to EV. Especially parts pertaining to emissions systems. Personally......i've been stacking oem parts for awhile. If i dont use.....they will be like gold in the very very near future. I also believe that emission testing on older vehicles will be enforced even more so to get them off the road......its coming!!! Just like the new emission standards for new vehicles......unachieveable!!!! Anyone running headers and non compliant cats on the street enjoy them while you can. I'll be in touch @13COBRA about a new F250 as soon as our UAW contract negotiations are settled.......its gonna be a cat fight for sure.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I often wonder how much longer it will be before parts are unobtainable as we are forced to EV. Especially parts pertaining to emissions systems. Personally......i've been stacking oem parts for awhile. If i dont use.....they will be like gold in the very very near future. I also believe that emission testing on older vehicles will be enforced even more so to get them off the road......its coming!!! Just like the new emission standards for new vehicles......unachieveable!!!! Anyone running headers and non compliant cats on the street enjoy them while you can. I'll be in touch @13COBRA about a new F250 as soon as our UAW contract negotiations are settled.......its gonna be a cat fight for sure.

I don't think it'll be a big fight to be honest. All of the other unions have done really well with recent negotiations. The auto manufacturers are going to have to cave on a lot of the requests/demands.

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
I don't think it'll be a big fight to be honest. All of the other unions have done really well with recent negotiations. The auto manufacturers are going to have to cave on a lot of the requests/demands.
Im not sure......gonna be interesting thou!! Demands are high......no bulls..t. Unfortunately i might be paying more for that F250.....lol

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
That's the one place I emailed yesterday and they said none were in stock, and they are back ordered from Ford!

I just confirmed online via live with sales rep and purchesed 4 myself just a few minutes ago. They said they had 8 in stock.......4 now......better hurry @ShelbyGT5HUN :).

Order #19........ Placed on Jul 07, 2023 Status New

Processing items​

Subtotal
$253.08
Shipping (Standard)
$17.87
Handling
$6.33
Tax
$15.18
Total
$286.13

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
That's the one place I emailed yesterday and they said none were in stock, and they are back ordered from Ford!
Before I ordered them I contacted them via live online with a representative. I was told 8 were in stock. If I get a notice there backordered I'll let you know ASAP. I can afford to wait thou. So no worries for me!

Order Details​

Order #19...... Placed on Jul 07, 2023 Status In Progress

Processing items​

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
Better yet......If none are available for you to purchase now.... I'll let you have mine. I dont need them right now, I just purchased to have extra. Im a parts hoarder......:ROFLMAO:

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
Well.....I guess they found my TPMS sensors stashed in the back room..... lol @ShelbyGT5HUN. They are on the way. Let me know if you want them. Its possible they have them in stock as well.....please check first before you order thou.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
No TPMS here = " For those running without TPMS, how often does the car do its warning chime? Is it once, you hit the reset button, and then the yellow idiot light stays on, or does it keep chiming? "

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
Finally......New TPMS sensors showed up today!!

16898930521274789650647745875199.jpg

Keep us updated @ShelbyGT5HUN on the sync setup.

Last edited:

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
But getting these OEM sensors may be a waste. How old are they? Any date on them? The reason they fail is the battery quits. What good is a sensor that has been sitting on a parts shelf for years.

Tom

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
But getting these OEM sensors may be a waste. How old are they? Any date on them? The reason they fail is the battery quits. What good is a sensor that has been sitting on a parts shelf for years.

Tom
Thats a good point tom. The lithium ion batteries inside TPMS sensors may last anywhere from five to 10 years in use. TPMS sensors don’t broadcast a continuous signal but only broadcast when the vehicle is in motion. Even then, the signal is intermittent to conserve battery life. I still have the original TPMS sensors in my 2013......10 years old and no issues yet. Im replacing my tires next spring and dont want to take a chance at not being able to get these when I need them so I took the chance. These are getting extremely hard to find and who knows if or when they will be available again. Hope they last a few years. We will see. Took a closer look at the date on the packages. Looks like they were manufactured in 2022.

20230724_014219.jpg20230724_014148.jpg20230724_014134.jpg20230724_014112.jpg

Last edited:

03DSGMach1

10's or Bust!
Established Member
I’m in the same boat as Vinnie_B. I’ve got new wheels and tires coming and would rather have a set available for use than go through the trouble of dismounting the factory wheels.

Users who are viewing this thread