[help] how do you rotate brake rotors?

c0dy

I...Need...Speed
Established Member
or more generally, how do you get the rotor off? I had the caliper completely off, and there was a screw in the rotor that i took out, but i just couldnt get it to budge... anyone have any pictures or anything? thanks in advance
edit: added "brake" to title

Last edited:

NeedaCobra

Master of the Obvious
Established Member
you need to weld the rotors to the wheels, so when you rotate the wheels, the rotors will be also, J/K! :D

You may want to post this in the SN95 Cobra section of the board, :D

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
why would you rotate a rotor???? you only rotate tires
you have rotors turned! as in to clean them up when you put new break pads on the car or truck
and to get them off, a rubber mallet works just fine for me

c0dy

I...Need...Speed
Established Member
the beauty of domestic owners... actual help mixed in with the insults ;) whereas if i were to ask import owners, i'd be a n00b because i wasnt born knowing anything : ) man i want a stang.. (sorry OT) :D

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
Originally posted by c0dy
the beauty of domestic owners... actual help mixed in with the insults ;) whereas if i were to ask import owners, i'd be a n00b because i wasnt born knowing anything : ) man i want a stang.. (sorry OT) :D
:lol: naw man just take them to an parts store when you get them off and if they cant do it they can prob tell you where you can have them done

Poiznus

Super Cool SVT Poster
Established Member
Originally posted by lightninmike
:lol: naw man just take them to an parts store when you get them off and if they cant do it they can prob tell you where you can have them done

Yep, I have to get 2 turned tomorrow. Only costs about 10 bucks each if I remember right.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
I think your question is how do you get a rotor off that is stuck on the hub? You don't want to rotate rotors.

First try some friendly persuation with a rawhide/lead hammer. Don't swing at it too hard! It should pop off. If not try a little heat on the rotor close to the area near the hub without getting heat into the hub. It should pop off with a little heat.

When reinstalling, smear some never sieze around the hub and stud holes.

I hope this helps.

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

c0dy

I...Need...Speed
Established Member
thanks, when i said rotating the hub i meant turned... and really all i wanted to know was how do i get the damn thing off ;) i need to put new lug bolts in

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Originally posted by c0dy
thanks, when i said rotating the hub i meant turned... and really all i wanted to know was how do i get the damn thing off ;) i need to put new lug bolts in

Rotors are so cheap these days it hardly pays to turn them.

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread