HELP! I must know before buying

LSwat

Established Member
I use to own an 04 Cobra, 2.76 pulley on the stock blower, at WOT it screamed like a stuck pig.

I am about to pull the trigger on a 2012 GT500 and must know, how does it compare at WOT to the scream of the pullied cobra blower once it's pullied? Is it just as loud?

I have googled and youtube the hell out of this but every youtube video is them on the dyno and it doesn't really clear things up for me.

If anyone has a link to a solid youtube vid or has some first hand experience that would be awesome.

(even a link to another thread that has asked this question would be cool, but I couldn't find one)

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
Imo, it doesn't quite scream as loud as the cobra until it has a pulley/resonator delete and a ported blower.

irontexan

Established Member
I would say no, they dont scream nearly as high pitched and loud as the cobras. They still whine but it is a quieter deeper whine. Nothing like a ported terminator though.

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
My pullied stock blower on my 2012 Shelby was not near the high pitch whine of my pullied '03 Cobra.

But, slap a 2.3 TVS with JLT intake on the 2012 and it screams pretty good, and I have not even added a smaller pulley yet.

CodyK7

Uh Ohhh
Established Member
My pullied stock blower on my 2012 Shelby was not near the high pitch whine of my pullied '03 Cobra.

But, slap a 2.3 TVS with JLT intake on the 2012 and it screams pretty good, and I have not even added a smaller pulley yet.

My stock blower was alot louder than my 2.3 tvs.

Rygy04

SVT
Established Member
Not as scary from the front as my cobra was. I have a pullied ported 07 Shelby now.... though it screams, but not like my cobra did. It is because the M122 blower is much more efficient then the M112. The scream you hear is simply lost boost and air vibrations... in lamence terms. According to my good buddy who is an engineer at Eaton's SC division and helped design the TVS.

PrestonJ

Established Member
Not as scary from the front as my cobra was. I have a pullied ported 07 Shelby now.... though it screams, but not like my cobra did. It is because the M122 blower is much more efficient then the M112. The scream you hear is simply lost boost and air vibrations... in lamence terms. According to my good buddy who is an engineer at Eaton's SC division and helped design the TVS.

My 07 squeals QUITE loudly as you can see @ 1:35...

[video=youtube_share;W7Qq9fMf134]http://youtu.be/W7Qq9fMf134?t=1m35s[/video]

But I agree with the previous poster - why is this a major factor in whether or not you buy a 2012? Seems like a trivial detail.

CodyK7

Uh Ohhh
Established Member
My 07 squeals QUITE loudly as you can see @ 1:35...

[video=youtube_share;W7Qq9fMf134]http://youtu.be/W7Qq9fMf134?t=1m35s[/video]

But I agree with the previous poster - why is this a major factor in whether or not you buy a 2012? Seems like a trivial detail.

Nothing compared to a ported 03-04

Users who are viewing this thread