help identifying this tick!!

02true blue L

Established Member
Doesn't do it all the time, temperatures outside do not seem to matter, only mods are F-A-L fans, metco idler, open air filter, mileage is 29000, and i am using royal purple 5-20
Here a sound clip from today,it sounds bad :uh oh:
th_09232007013.jpg

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
kinda sounds like an exhaust leak but that really isnt consistant with the not doing it all the time.... neither does rod knock for that matter

bgstew6

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
Established Member
what mods are done to the truck...

I had a header gasket going out once....and it would do it every once and a while and sound like shit jsut like that.....

98powerstang

Established Member
Makes me think of an exhaust leak to. When you give it gas does it start ticking louder and does it sound more like metal on metal in person or a pffff sound like air?

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
Sounds like exhaust.
Do you have the EGR delete? If so check the cap on the exhaust and make sure its not leaking there. I just saw this happen a month ago on a friends Lightning. The cap on the exhaust pipe was loose.

slow232

I
Established Member
does the sound get worse as rpms go up? does it get louder when the truck is in drive?

I had a similar sound coming from underneath my mustang and i replaced the trans because i thought it was coming from there, didnt fix it. Ended up finding a spun bearing when i tore the engine down.

I hope thats not whats going on here but it sounds bad.

02true blue L

Established Member
Makes me think of an exhaust leak to. When you give it gas does it start ticking louder and does it sound more like metal on metal in person or a pffff sound like air?
yes when i give it gas it gets louder and faster sounds like metal on metal, makes me think of a noisy lifter.

02true blue L

Established Member
Sounds like exhaust.
Do you have the EGR delete? If so check the cap on the exhaust and make sure its not leaking there. I just saw this happen a month ago on a friends Lightning. The cap on the exhaust pipe was loose.

no egr delete.
By the way what is the part # for the mirrors on your truck Thunder Bolt? I think i am ready for a set of those.

Users who are viewing this thread