Help indentifying fuel injetors

Myersprostatus

Established Member
Hello, I recently purchased some 24# fuel injectors for my engine rebuild project. The thing is when I checked the buyfordracing webiste they're 39# injectors look exactly the same and even have the same part number down the side. When I google the part number 24# injectors come up in the search.

The number is XR3E-C5B. Here is a picture of what they look like
fuelinjectors1.jpg

fuelinjectors2.jpg

and heres a link to the buyfordracing 39# injectors I was talking about.
Ford Racing 39LB Fuel Injectors - Set of 8

any help is appreciated. Thanks
-Mitch

Myersprostatus

Established Member
I bought them from someone on this forum, but he said they have never been used. They look and feel brand new. I've heard that 39# injectors are blue too, but look at the fordracing link I posted. Its a link to their 39# injectors and they look exactly like the ones I posted pics of, not to mention if you zoom in on their website you can see the XR3E-C5B down the side.

mr.speaker

99 Cobra
Established Member
My OEM 99/01 24lb injectors look the same as yours and have the same part number as yours only thing that looks different is the blue o ring.

If you look at the OEM 24 lb injectors between the Cobra.MACH1,Marauders,Navigators,and Aviators you'll realize they all have the same part number (XR3E-C5B) but some of them have black/grey o rings and some have blue o rings..

The fact that Ford Racing and Ford motor company/Motorcraft puts the same part number on 2 different # rate injectors is confusing..Is there a Bosch part number on your injectors ? ((NOT THE XR3E-C5B Ford number but the one on the other side))

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
I bought them from someone on this forum, but he said they have never been used. They look and feel brand new. I've heard that 39# injectors are blue too, but look at the fordracing link I posted. Its a link to their 39# injectors and they look exactly like the ones I posted pics of, not to mention if you zoom in on their website you can see the XR3E-C5B down the side.

The "XR3E-C5B" on the side is not a PART number, it is an ENGINEERING number, and a partial one at that. There is a difference between the two, and they are NOT always similar.

Myersprostatus

Established Member
The part I'm worried about is if putting these on a very expensive rebuild I just put together could damage it.

I just want to make sure they are the correct injectors for my application. Do the 39# injectors have a different connecter?
I was thinking of putting them on my new engine and seeing if the car runs. It would make it a lot easier to rule them out if the connector didn't work for my wiring harness.

Could I damage anything if say they did fit the harness, but were an injector that was too much? Or would my car even run? Im trying to stay as safe as possible due to how much money I've put into this engine.

These injectors I bought were off another member here and were said to have never been used off of a crate motor. I got them for a cheaper price than it would be to actually get the stock ones rebuilt/cleaned/flow tested.

I figure if they are the wrong injectors for my application the car wouldnt even run, but I'm not 100% sure. Someone enlighten me please.
-Mitch

Myersprostatus

Established Member
they have over 120k miles on them, Id rather have some fresh injectors on them. I was going to get them cleaned and flow tested by RC engineering, but buying these injectors was 100$ cheaper than cleaning my old ones.

Ive used rc engineering on some of my other projects and the flow results after they clean them is pretty suprising

Users who are viewing this thread